Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

<waddle> 35 weeks measuring 44 weeks, come and speculate when I'll pop

(9 Posts)
MarvellousYou Wed 01-May-13 15:48:35

So midwife measured me twice and I'm measuring well ahead for dates, c-section booked for 30th May. I've got PGP and protein in my urine plus two pre-schoolers to chase around. Is it wrong to be wondering/hoping I'll be earlier than the section date? Babies head feels like its dropping out when I walk but moves up when I lie down.

Anyone else measure large and 'pop' earlier? I've been asked to go for another scan and 24hr urine collection, BP normal though. Consultant led pregnancy so everyone is on top of the situation, I just feel like the pressure on my cervix/braxton hicks is too much to go on with this pregnancy for another 4 weeks (I probably will!)

effyzm Wed 01-May-13 16:46:27

Can you not request the c section earlier? Have you had a growth scan? Might be able to see if it is purely baby that is on the large side.

MarvellousYou Wed 01-May-13 16:52:51

effyzm I could, the consultant let me choose the date (within reason). Had 2 scans already and baby is big and I've got a lot of water but its just info, making sure baby is healthy and swallowing ok and she is, thank God. I'm just grumpy.

TerracottaPie Wed 01-May-13 16:57:06

I measured big last time. Had everyone saying I'd go early. I was induced at 42 weeks in the end by which time DC3 had made it to 11lb.

That's probably not that helpful!

MarvellousYou Thu 02-May-13 13:14:00

42 weeks is neeeever going to happen, going in for c-section. Feeling so sick today- probably iron tablets. 11lbs is an awesome size, mine are normally a little smaller but I think its the fluid that's putting the extra pressure on me this time. At least I know there's only 28 days to go x

cupcake78 Thu 02-May-13 18:12:46

I'm interested to know what your options were. In measuring big and have a history if big baby's. Im scared but have been told by midwife that they will most probably not let me go past 40 weeks.

I've known a few people who've had there children at 37 weeks naturally. This would be the ideal for me.

Mutley77 Fri 03-May-13 08:19:09

Mine were both big - DS (my second) was big with lots of extra fluid. Yep it was uncomfortable but I made it to my ELCS at 37 weeks.

If you have a lot of water the 44 weeks figure will obviously not be correct as the measurement doesn't allow for that - I guess the growth scan has given you a better indication on size but again generally not very accurate.

Hope the next 2 weeks goes ok for you.

Reenypip Fri 03-May-13 16:57:49

Hiya,
With my first my measurements were like yours and I really thought I was going to go early especially with the pains I was getting. But nope, my elective c section arrived at 39 weeks.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 03-May-13 17:04:29

A friend was measuring big, she delivered her 9lb 3oz DC 1.5 weeks early.

She'd been told they induce on due date if she didn't go before, mentioning this re a comment up thread.

Sounds uncomfortable OP...hang in there....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now