Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Combined screening

(7 Posts)
CuteLittleToes Wed 01-May-13 14:26:51

I have a question about the NT screening at 12 weeks scan.

Do they actually take a blood test at the scan? I mean, the combined screening is a combination of scan measurements and blood test results, right? Or do they use the bloods that they took at your 9 weeks appointment?

The reason I'm asking is that I self-referred myself, without a GP as I am moving to a different area and don't have a GP there yet. The mw said I'll have to book the next appointment (16 weeks) myself if I don't register with GP, or get GP to book an appointment for me, as they will not be doing it themselves (booking me for my next appointment that is). However, a few days later I got a letter for my 16 weeks appointment. So I'm confused now - did she actually mean I need to book 12 week appointment with mw??

Gonnabmummy Wed 01-May-13 17:08:40

I had bloods Taken right after my scan

alienbanana Wed 01-May-13 17:09:59

Our surgery takes bloods at 9-10 weeks and these are used for the test. I thought they had to be done beforehand?

alienbanana Wed 01-May-13 17:11:04

You can book in with your current surgery and transfer - might be better depending on your timings.

FluffyDavis Wed 01-May-13 17:12:03

I also had blood taken straight after scan

RJM17 Wed 01-May-13 17:13:57

I have been told I will have mine done right after scan x

CuteLittleToes Wed 01-May-13 17:30:51

Thanks ladies, I guess I'll call the mw then and get this clarified.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now