Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

'never let a pregnant woman stir your pudding'.......

(5 Posts)
rosiedays Wed 01-May-13 10:25:54

I have compleatly lost the ability to put a decent dinner on the table!
I was never a masterchef contestent, but could always turn out a nice dinner, often fed over 20 people, made lovely cakes etc.
Now every thing i cook goes wrong and tastes awful.. EVERYHTING. it was funny 2 months ago, but it's wearing thin. My DP dreads meal times as he never knows what disaster is going to be put in front of him. He always used to say such nice things about my cooking sad This morning he even turned his nose up at his coffee... I've made it exactly the same way for 5 years!FFS
I was having a moan to a friend who's mum chipped in 'Ah well they say never let a pregnant woman stir your pudding'
anyone else heard this? lost the ability to cook??

Rico08 Wed 01-May-13 10:56:49

I've gained the ability to burn everything smile

I've been telling dh and ds that everything we've been eating is chargrilled. Don't know what's happened but when I'm cooking anything one minute it's not cooked the next it's charred lol.

FoofFighter Wed 01-May-13 11:08:12

Hmm a bit yes, my baking is normally really good but now it all goes wrong sad

MissMedusa Wed 01-May-13 11:24:32

I find my tastebuds are a lot more sensitives, or rather, the heightened sense of smell adds to the ability to taste. I'm finding things taste really good (well, everything tastes really good right now) while my husband will find the same things very bland. I have to keep in mind when I'm cooking that when it tastes good to me to add more seasoning before serving to others.

Blankiefan Wed 01-May-13 19:01:40

Sounds like a great excuse reason to get DP to do the cooking!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: