Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

High up anterior placenta - when will I feel my baby move?

(4 Posts)
HettySunshine Wed 01-May-13 08:13:09

Just that really. I'm 20+5 and haven't really felt anything yet. The sonographer said I would be pleased in a couple of months when the baby is really kicking but will I have to wait that long?

cookiewuk Wed 01-May-13 09:43:09

Is this your first baby? If so you will probably start feeling the baby in the next few weeks. My placenta is anterior and high too but I felt baby regularly from about 18wks, second pregnancy though so I knew what to expect. I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything yet, though I know that's easier said than done! You will feel baby soon I promise smile x

weeblueberry Wed 01-May-13 10:02:16

I had a high anterior placenta and felt the baby move (for certain) at about 22 weeks. It was only when I felt movement very low down that I knew for sure it was kicks and not just twinges of other things. It felt as though she was poking my cervix and was very weird at first!!

HettySunshine Wed 01-May-13 10:49:36

Thank you both. I was really worried before but I had my scan on Friday and the lovely sonographer explained everything.

Yes, it's my first baby. I'm more impatient than anything else, i can't wait for all those strange pokes and prods! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now