Talk

Advanced search

10wks pregnant with a cold sore

(10 Posts)
JanieLovesCake Tue 30-Apr-13 20:36:32

I usually get cold sores either on my chin or cheek when I'm tired and rundown and i slept terribly last night. Result = i get a really itchy cold sore on my chin today, now bubbling away like bubble wrap.

i keep finding conflicting answers regarding zovirax cream on dr google. i do have some aciclovir tablets but no leaflet as i just keep the tablet strips in my hand bag / desk at work for emergencies.

is it safe to use the cream / tablets or are there any more natural remedies you can recommend?

thanks in advance

embaker112 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:42:18

I would say zovirax would be ok but don't count on it. I've found that dabbing salt on a coldsore dries them out really quick. It stings mind! Leave it on there for as long as you can and refresh every few hours when at home smile good luck!

embaker112 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:42:50

Try dabbing salt to dry it out! It stings but really does work smile

embaker112 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:43:22

Sorry posted twice!

BreasticlesNTesticles Tue 30-Apr-13 21:45:19

I use Compeed patches, they cover the coldsore so no risk of spreading to dc and there is no active ingrediant so fine for pregnancy.

MissRabbitsCV Tue 30-Apr-13 21:49:56

From memory I think you need to stay away from the tablets.

MissRabbitsCV Tue 30-Apr-13 21:50:48

Posted too soon. I think the tablets are ok in later pregnancy but not so early on.

JanieLovesCake Tue 30-Apr-13 22:08:33

thanks everyone, will definitely try the salt trick x

Missfrumpsalot Wed 01-May-13 10:04:08

This will sound very odd but try eating an avocado. It contains a high level of lysine (?spelling) which I've always found to either hold them off or stop them getting any worse!

JanieLovesCake Wed 01-May-13 10:09:26

Oh thanks for the tip!! I've got some lysine tablets but again I'm unsure if I can take these during pg. I feel a guacamole lunch coming on!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now