Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low blood pressure

(9 Posts)
mamato2nbump Tue 30-Apr-13 20:23:59

anybody else had low blood pressure during pregnancy? mine was 85/54 which iv been told is really low and now im worried. iv been feeling really dizzy and weak. been to doctors but they are crap, always fob me off. thankss xx

purrpurr Tue 30-Apr-13 20:33:42

I've had low blood pressure throughout, not as low as that though, 98/58 was my lowest reading, every other time it was 100/60 on the nose. From what I've read online, making sure you're drinking plenty, getting some gentle exercise and also being well-rested all help. If you're dizzy and feeling weak, it could be attributed to anemia, as well as, or instead of it being caused by low blood pressure. Have you had your blood test yet, I think it might be around 28 weeks?

mamato2nbump Tue 30-Apr-13 20:40:29

i had my first blood tests couple of weeks ago, im not aneamic. i really should stop googling lol, but read that sort of blood pressure is what people have on their death bed haha. nothing like reading something like that to make u feel rubbish lol. i would have thought doctor would of been more concerned and asked me to go back next week to check it again, but no. think ill prob go get it checked at pharmacy for free n if its still same or lowered ill go back and see my normal doctor im under (im under shared care because i suffer from really bad depression) x

Monka Tue 30-Apr-13 22:53:44

I am 25 weeks and since 22 weeks have been suffering from low blood pressure. Nearly fainted twice at work but managed to lie down on left side and slightly raise legs to raise blood pressure. Also feel weak as well at times but having iron tablets. GP wasn't worried and said it doesn't harm mother or baby but I notice baby's movements are more subdued after an episode. Drink lots of water as well. I am seeing obstetrician tomorrow about something else so will ask him about low blood pressure and update if he has anything useful or reassuring.

midori1999 Tue 30-Apr-13 22:56:33

Mine was 104/60 at my last appointment, when it is always usually around 120/80. The midwife didn't say anything at all about it and I haven't been getting any symptoms.

cuckooplusone Wed 01-May-13 07:02:24

In my first preg my blood pressure went down to 80/40 and I remember the mw saying "I'm surprised you can stand up". I felt ok but was careful not to stand up quickly, took things slowly.

Make sure you are drinking enough and consider as well increasing your salt intake.

Snowflakepie Wed 01-May-13 13:19:16

My bp was 85/60 at 16 weeks, I had fainted twice by then. Mw wasn't worried and said to eat 2 bags of crisps a day and put a little salt on veg. At 28 weeks it had gone up to 100/75. I'm not anaemic either. High is dangerous, low is not, other than the risk of fainting and hurting yourself. There's nothing medical that they will do for low bp as its just not seen as an issue. Drink plenty of fluids, take it easy and no sudden movements.

This also happened when I was pg with DD. Both she and I were fine. My normal bp is about 110/80 so fairly average. Try not to worry, enjoy the crisps wink

BentleyBelly Wed 01-May-13 13:31:54

I always have low blood pressure, even more so now I am pregnant. It is not really anything to worry about. As others have said above keep your fluid and salt intake up and sit or lie down if you feel wobbly. If it becomes a problem and you start fainting then go back to drs or midwife.

Smerlin Wed 01-May-13 17:29:56

I had mine tested on Mon and was 105/75 which doesn't seem low compared to your result but that was enough to make me faint the day before!

I was told to not stand for too long at once to avoid fainting again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now