Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best pregnancy exercise DVD?

(4 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Tue 30-Apr-13 19:57:58

Have just done the Erin O'Brien DVD and was a bit disappointed to be honest.

Thought it would be a bit more punishing.

I have the Suzanne Bowen one and wondered if this a bit more upbeat??

Of not which one should I buy? Is Davina any good?

I swim and the DVD was to replace the running which I struggle to fit in.

blacklightning Wed 01-May-13 13:17:12

I found Davina's quite gentle and if you are doing a DVD to replace running I think it might disappoint you. My fitness level was ok but not as good as yours by the sounds of it and I found Davina's very easy up until about 30 weeks +, and even then it wasn't really a challenge. I enjoyed is as at least it kept me moving, but for cardio fitness I think a brisk walk would be as effective. From what I remember, the cardio in the DVD mainly consisted of marching on the spot. There were some push ups, lunges and squats, but not many reps and done quite slowly. The reviews on Amazon seem to indicate that people found it more useful in later pregnancy.

Madamecastafiore Wed 01-May-13 18:06:27

I won't buy davinas then!

What about carrying on with shredding, have done the 30 days a couple of times? Could probably do it without the abs bits do you think?

SeriousStuff Wed 01-May-13 22:34:07

I'm doing the Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project and really recommend it - has 9 DVDs, one routine for each month of your pregnancy. All very low impact but great for keeping arms, legs and bum as toned as possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now