Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel like a pregnancy has made me crazy.... Literally :(

(9 Posts)
MummytobeDC2 Tue 30-Apr-13 19:32:47

Hi all just here to vent, very stressed atm....

13wks with DC2, DS is 4. This is my DP first baby.

I literally feel like I'm losing control of every situation due to my mood swings they're out of control, I have attitude all the time, I'm huffy, I'm short-tempered, I'm impatient, and I can feel everyone around me wanting to leave!! I had a random-ish moan at DP earlier, which came to a massive argument, when I picked DS up from nursery he was being disobedient- not massively but I don't have and patients these days. Mum came for dinner, literally 15mins once she came I said to her "I've been in bad moods lately and it's hard" she replied "maybe you need to talk to someone, get help" with no real sympathy, I actually just wanted a cuddle not a snide remark! So I asked her to leave. I'm just moody as hell - this has been the past 2ish weeks and I don't know how to shift it...

I'm not usually like this at all, is it normal? Anyone been in similar situation?? I'm sick of flying off of the handle and DP said he is close to leaving he feels its too stressful confusedblush

whilewildeisonmine Tue 30-Apr-13 19:43:54

I'm feeling exactly the same. I'm also 13 weeks and am just vile. DP seems to bear the brunt of it but I can feel myself getting more and more frustrated at DS too (he's only 11mo). I keep expecting the horrendous mood swings to stop and had previously blamed being in the 1st trimester and feeling so sick and exhausted all the time. I'm having mighty tantrums and it's really causing a strain on my relationship now. DP has been so good and tries to understand but there's only so much of my venom he can take before he bites back and a row begins.

I don't know what to do now. I've tried taking time out and counting to 10 before I say anything and I know afterwards I've been horrid but its the initial outburst that I can't seem to control.

I hope you feel better soon and things calm down for you. I'm sorry I'm not responding with any useful advice but I wanted you to know you're not alone!

MummytobeDC2 Tue 30-Apr-13 19:57:55

Thanks for replying!!thanks

It's so stressful, I too have tried to walk away count to ten etc, but it's getting harder and harder... It isn't until after my outburst I realise I was actually in the wrong, ughhhh DP is at work and when he comes home I'm going to try and be extra nice... I need to chill out, not sure where to go from here but hopefully this subsides!

Thanks for writing its nice to know I'm not lone!! I hope you also are ok...thanks

beckie90 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:18:09

Me too I'm 25+3 with ds3, and have been absolutely horrible, I'm moody constantly then feel emotional cause am moody. I go in random moods with dp and don't want to talk to him. Never been like this with my other 2 ds's in pregnancy. I feel your pain, just wanted to give you a virtual hug and tell you your not alone thanks xx

HeffalumpTheFlump Tue 30-Apr-13 21:03:55

Hey, I was like this up until about 14 weeks... A complete nightmare be honest. I had to beg DH not to take it personally and to please please not retaliate because it took practically nothing to push me over the edge. I repeatedly threw him out, said it was over, that I hated him, the works. I am lucky he is understanding enough that he could see that it was the hormones talking, not me and that I was trying my absolute best. I'm happy to say I'm much calmer and happier now, no tantrums in weeks! So sorry you are feeling like that, it really sucks when everything in your world fuels the rage and theres nothing you can do to change it.

MummytobeDC2 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:35:59

I hope it my mood shifts back to normal, I can't see DP staying, I wouldn't blame him to be honest, I'm a hormonal wreck, may give my MW a call or DR, I have explained to DP that its hormones but I think if I show him I'm attempting to sort it he will sympathise!blush

He's a kind man and I see his point... He's not totally said I have to change or anything but I don't want to keep making his life hell sad

So glad I'm not alone, how seriously hard is itsad

Thanks ladies thanks

LandsN Tue 30-Apr-13 21:46:09

Hi i am 14 weeks with dc3 and to put it bluntly I am a bitch but I have been the same with all of them dp can do no right we can laugh about it he calls me phyco woman when I am pregnant it's just bloody hormones but I keep crying at the drop of a hat cried at cowboy builders this morning lol x

LandsN Tue 30-Apr-13 21:53:02

Just re read your last post I agree talk to him explain u know your doing it and u know u need to stop but can't get him to talk to midwife or even look it up online your not alone it is very common it's a side affect of pregnancy unfortunately but midwife might give u some ideas how to cope with it my dp just says she's back again and leaves me for 5 mins smile it shouldn't last the whole pregnancy once hormones balance themselves it is very frustrating its like your body is being controlled by someone else good luck hope u feel better soon xxx

Kelly1814 Wed 01-May-13 08:43:16

i am so glad i am not alone in this! i've been feeling the same!

an early bleed/scare, getting hit by a car, a cerclage, all whilst holding down a 12-14 hour a day stressful job have almost pushed me over the edge. i have been an emotional wreck and def taken it out on my OH.

am now feeling calmer at 17 weeks, i can only hope it continues.

don't be too hard on yourself, we literally seem to have no control over these thing, and pregnancy is a very stressful time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now