Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scans

(9 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Tue 30-Apr-13 19:18:29

I had my 34 week check today and measured 33 so am being sent for a scan. I am fairly relaxed about it but think OH is worried. Can any of you post some reassuring stories for me to relay to him ? Other times I was measured in the morning after breakfast and today I hadn't really eaten so I think I wasn't as bloated as previously also 1cm isn't much is it ?

Rico08 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:11:07

I've had growth scans as I measure larger than I should, (no surprise for me though as I'm on the larger side blush)

The scans I have had have all being good, everything as it should be and baby is right on target weight & size.

I look at these scans as yes checking everything is ok but also an opportunity to see baby again.

seekingpeaceandquiet Tue 30-Apr-13 20:31:46

all through from 20 weeks when the midwife measured my bump it was measuring small, and the scans showed baby was indeed small on the graph.
I was not too worried after the consultant told me that yes the scan showed baby small on the graph but looking at me I am small too. Im only 5foot1.

1 cm is nothing. I am 39 weeks and when the consultant measured me yesterday I was showing 32cms. But I also had a scan and baby was growing fine.

Tell OH not to worry and just look at it as another chance to see baby too. Good luck.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Tue 30-Apr-13 20:35:52

Measuring varies from person to person, I had a scars the other week and the midwife measured me at 24cm and the consultant at 30! I was 27 weeks and a few days before was measured bang on! My growth scans have all been fine so think it depends on the person.

Minty82 Tue 30-Apr-13 20:46:25

I had fortnightly growth scans as DD was measuring small throughout my pregnancy (based on the scan measurements; not just the bump). She arrived at 39 weeks weighing 6lb 12oz and completely perfect. Every scan suggested she was fine, but the medics got a bizarre bee in their bonnet about her size. Try not to worry; sounds extremely unlikely that there's cause for concern. Enjoy the bonus sneak preview!

elliejjtiny Tue 30-Apr-13 21:13:28

1cm is nothing, I shrank by 3cm when my waters broke! I have had growth scans but that was because I was measuring big.

curlyclaz13 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:18:02

I was surprised she booked me in really, different mw measuring today as well. I guess she is erring on the cautious side ?

lovemybabyboy Tue 30-Apr-13 21:26:08

With DS2 my bump was measuring 1-2 weeks smaller the whole way through my pregnancy, they never sent me for a growth scan, midwife said they allow for 1-2wks out if I remember correctly, he was born at 38+5 weighing 6lbs 6oz and perfectly healthy. I never worried as I was never lead to believe that it was a problem.

lovemybabyboy Tue 30-Apr-13 21:28:31

Meant to say with DS1 my bump measured exactly on track the whole way through and he was born at exactly 40wks weighing 7lbs 14oz.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now