Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

DS has chicken pox......

(5 Posts)
Rico08 Tue 30-Apr-13 18:54:03

I'm 37 weeks and had good check up at midwife, bp best it's been and all ready for c-section a week on Thursday.

Then went to pick DS up from mums and he had spots, been to doc who has confirmed it's chicken pox.

Doc said not to worry about baby as due to how far i am and I've chicken pox, he said I would pass immunity onto baby.

So when I got home I googled it (i really should stop doing this) and there is conflicting info. Would you take docs word or also speak to midwife in morning ?

ilovepowerhoop Tue 30-Apr-13 21:53:10

if he has spots just now then he will stop being contagious in the next 5-7 days so the baby wouldnt be exposed to it. If you have had it already then that is good too as you should be immune and again wouldnt be passing anything on to the baby either.

looneytune Tue 30-Apr-13 22:12:49

I'm 33 weeks and ds2 has just got over CP. I've had it before so wasn't worried (as when I was childminding a mindee had it so I checked with GP and was happy - this was in my first trimester and baby has been fine). It's more the c/s date that would concern me but like the last poster said, you should be fine by then. My ds2 had them all crusted over 7 days after the first spot appeared. I'd just make sure you check the spots carefully before going in next week and make sure they are all crusted over but I'm sure they will be smile Best of luck x

Rico08 Wed 01-May-13 08:25:58

Thank you both.

Spots started yesterday and are like blisters this morning. Got to go for bloods doing at hospital on Tuesday, so will speak to them to make sure ok for section on Thursday.

looneytune Wed 01-May-13 14:40:19

Good idea. Fingers crossed smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now