Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swimming after childbirth

(4 Posts)
MistyKnight Tue 30-Apr-13 18:22:32

I'm currently wondering what to do with my gym membership. I am 27 weeks pregnant with my first and have PGP so I only use the gym for the pool once or twice a week. I am not getting great VFM at the moment!

I was wondering - can you swim in a pool if you are breast feeding? Does the warm water make your breasts leak? Obviously tampons are out and i've read that lochia can go on for weeks. I will want to get active once I've recovered from the birth as the weight has piled on sad but I'm not sure if the subscription is worth paying continuously or if I would be better off cancelling it and rejoining as and when. Advice welcome!

WhyIRayLiotta Tue 30-Apr-13 18:29:50

I suspended my gym membership... So I didn't have to pay for a few m

WhyIRayLiotta Tue 30-Apr-13 18:31:03

I suspended my gym membership... So I didn't have to pay for a few months until I was ready to go back. It ended up being 9 months as it took me ages to find time!

GlitterFingers Tue 30-Apr-13 18:31:43

I would cancel I was out if action for at least 4 months. You can swim whilst breastfeeding just feed before you go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now