Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cats

(3 Posts)
YoniIfYouSayPlease Tue 30-Apr-13 16:20:42

Hey, I was wondering if you could help me.

I know your not supposed to change cat litter or clean up catshit when pregnant, but my cat is being sick all the time. Can I clean up that? It's rank and DP isn't back for a couple of hours.

(one again mumsnet gets asked before google) blush

Pizdets Tue 30-Apr-13 16:28:30

I would say yes, if you wear gloves and wash your hands afterwards! I think you're only at risk of toxoplasmosis if you ingest it anyway, I don't think it can get through skin, so as long as you're cleaning up thoroughly then I'm sure you'll be fine.

We have two cats and I've picked up the odd bit of sick or even poo if it's been in an ahem inappropriate place or stinking the place out while my husband is away!

Piz

Preposteroushypothesis Tue 30-Apr-13 20:08:04

I have 4 cats and its fine, I would recommend wearing rubber/disposable gloves just as a precaution and obviously wash your hands afterwards but the risks are actually very small so don't panic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now