Talk

Advanced search

Hyperemesis - anyone else have problems that continued after birth?

(1 Post)
kalidasa Tue 30-Apr-13 14:41:52

I'm making this a separate thread as I don't want to depress people on the HG support thread who are still struggling in the worst bit.

I had a very severe case of HG and the vomiting never went away completely (though was reduced after the six month mark). I was on medication throughout and had multiple hospital admissions during the worst phase. I was confined entirely to bed for the first five months.

My baby is now five months old and obviously I am a lot better. But sadly I am not (as I expected to be) completely better. I still feel nauseous quite often, there are loads of foods I can't face and this morning I actually threw up again for the first time since labour (on an almost empty stomach - not very nice and a nasty reminder of all those months of throwing up nothing but bile). I've come close a couple of times before. Generally I find that although I enjoy cooking as I always did, I don't really enjoy eating very much any more. I am working with a psychologist as I have PND as well, and I'm aware that some or all of this may be psychological, and caused by trauma/anxiety from vomiting so much for so long. Perhaps there is also an hormonal element? I am still breastfeeding but my periods have returned and in fact I have just had a really bad one.

Basically just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and if so whether they found it faded eventually?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now