Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nuchal Scan

(7 Posts)
Yonididnaedaethat Tue 30-Apr-13 10:30:26

Has anyone had to be re-scanned because the babies measurements weren't accurate? I've just had my 12 week scan but I need to go back next week and now I'm worried incase I'm going to get told bad news hmm

Bejeena Tue 30-Apr-13 10:34:46

What do they mean by not accurate? I don't understand how they couldn't take measurements or do they mean the measurements didn't measure up to your dates?

My measurements have not been the same as the dates twice now but wasn't told it was anything to worry about.

I am sure it isn't bad news at all, don't worry.

Yonididnaedaethat Tue 30-Apr-13 10:38:57

The scan was a bit fuzzy she said so couldnt be 100% sure, I'm 11weeks 6 days so I've to go back at 12 weeks 6 days and hopefully get a better scan.

Haylebop12 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:44:28

I had my nuchal scan at 13+3 and due to baby's position no measurement was taken. I had the quadruple test (bloods) done at 14-15 weeks. We're you offered this? In presuming I didn't get offered a second scan perhaps because it would have been out of the time frame.

Yonididnaedaethat Tue 30-Apr-13 10:51:39

I was supposed to have a midwife app after my scan but I was told it would be cancelled and I would get it next week after my scan, so nothing else was mentioned. This is my 3rd pregnancy and never be told to have a 12 week scan again which is making me think the worst hmm

ExhaustedMamasita Tue 30-Apr-13 15:00:40

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure it’ll be fine as, believe it or not, these things happen frequently according to my Midwife.

I recently had my 20 week anomaly scan and due to the baby’s position the sonographer was unable to see its heart properly, so having to go back for another anomaly scan in two weeks’ time. Like you I was nervous but it’s quite common for repeat scans to happen due to either blurry images or awkward baby positions. My baby was curled up into a little ball and sleeping on its belly… quite cute really but nerve-wracking at the same time!! So believe me I know how you feel but don’t let the nerves stress you out, I’m sure it will all go smoothly next time around.

PinkParsnips Tue 30-Apr-13 17:24:00

The sonographer at our 12 week scan said our baby was in a difficult position and it took a while to get measurements and she said that she'd had to give up on one already that day as she couldn't get the measurements so try not to worry as it sounds like it could be quite common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now