Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Perineal Massage

(4 Posts)
ButteryJam Mon 29-Apr-13 23:03:28

Hi,

Anyone have experience of perineal massage or are currently doing it? Did it help? Any tips or advice?

I'm 36 weeks and need to start with it, but unsure if I'm going to find a comfortable position and feel like leaving that area alone hmm

ginauk84 Tue 30-Apr-13 11:12:32

I've heard nothing but good things, they do say its quite painful to start with but that eases the more you do. I intend to when I am a bit further in smile

learnermummy Tue 30-Apr-13 11:40:13

Have done it twice before, and keep meaning to get started this time. Never tried doing it myself, DH gets that job. There are websites showing you how to do it if you google. It does smart a bit to begin with, and isn't the most pleasant experience though! Have also seen a gadget for sale called an epi-no. Bit pricey but I am wondering about getting one.

ButteryJam Sat 04-May-13 00:57:01

Thanks! Tried it yesterday, it wasn't too bad. I think it's probably easier to do just after a bath/shower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now