Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Herbal teas

(6 Posts)
Bibs123 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:35:44

Are some of them really dangerous in pregnancy or is this guff? and can anyone recommend a good one to drink with benefits for pregnancy seeing as i want a hot drink but am cutting down on caffeine...

SourSweets Mon 29-Apr-13 16:08:20

I think a lot of them actually do have caffeine in when you're trying to avoid caffeine.. And I think occasionally there might be a weird herb in there that you should avoid, but I've been drinking loads of fruit teas and peppermint tea as there's nothing in those (as far as I know!), either way I have been fine. I think mostly they're safe...

Daffodill27 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:13:00

I' only drink herbal teas.. Peppermint is my fav as it aides digestion and helps with bloating its also quiet refreshing.. I've been told to stay away from raspberry leaf tea but unsure why?! I think people drink this to bring on labour?! Don't quote me on that though!! smile

worried90 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:18:02

I'm drinking a lot of teapigs winter spice tea and their super fruit one

FoofFighter Mon 29-Apr-13 16:18:06

daffodil and thats exactly why you you need to stay away from it until the last couple of weeks ;)

Littlemissexpecting Mon 29-Apr-13 16:56:57

Avoid green tea in first 12 weeks as can reduce folic acid absorption.
I usually love fruit/herbal teas but I've gone off them since being pregnant. Lemon and ginger and peppermint are meant to be good for sickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now