Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cracked heels - any solutions?

(8 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 29-Apr-13 10:36:19

Hi

This might have already been covered...I normally 'manage' my cracked heels by cream & exfoliation mainly during the summer.

I am now 33 weeks and cannot really reach them very easily. And having neglected them over the winter they are in a state!

I am trying a cracked heel balm but I just wondered if anyone has found a magic solution!!?!?

TIA

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 29-Apr-13 10:44:33

Wear socks or flip flops and keep slathering the cream on...don't ever walk barefoot. That's what I find and mine have been bad in the past too!

CitrusyOne Mon 29-Apr-13 10:59:36

Lansinoh nipple cream ;)

GeordieCherry Mon 29-Apr-13 11:13:18

My usually well-managed feet got awful til I went for a pedicure. My DP was doinghis best, bless him, but very much not his area of expertise!
I went to a beauty college & had a trainee do it, so not too pricey smile

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 29-Apr-13 12:59:51

Thanks all.

I would consider a pedicure GeordieCherry but is there a level when your hard skin/cracked heels is just too bad to show to any beauty professional? Not suggesting you surpassed levels of acceptability, but I am really embarrassed by mine...

GeordieCherry Mon 29-Apr-13 16:55:53

I suppose there must be... Don't know what it is though. You're probably more conscious of it so think it's worse

Go with the pedi & if that doesn't work, chiropodist? Try your local University for those on chiropodist courses. I hate paying full price! wink

LadyMedea Mon 29-Apr-13 18:01:47

Shed loads of cream and cotton socks overnight and then the same again during the day if you are home.

Also don't use anything too abrasive to remove dead skin, I just use a pumice, I just found anything to harsh made it worse

riskit4abiskit Mon 29-Apr-13 18:25:42

going swimming helps me, dunno if it is the chlorine and chemicals or just the rough floors though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now