Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fainting?!

(7 Posts)
Smerlin Mon 29-Apr-13 10:11:53

Hi all!

Am 15 weeks and yesterday while paying for something in a cafe I came within about 1 second of fainting.

Fortunately there was an empty seat nearby so as everything went black I reached for it with my hand and managed to get my head down.

I wasn't really hungry, hadn't been queuing for long and had been sipping water all morning. Spoke to Dr and she said it was just low blood pressure(105/75). Anyone else had this?

I'm a school teacher and this would be terrible if it were to happen at work!!!

ThePavlovianCat Mon 29-Apr-13 10:19:01

Were you too warm? I got this during my pregnancy (and afterwards!) and it tends to happen if I'm too hot.

Imnotaslimjim Mon 29-Apr-13 10:23:25

It happens easily during pregnancy, unfortunately. Can be a bit scary! Nothing much can be done for low blood pressure sad

Smerlin Mon 29-Apr-13 11:18:06

I didn't feel hot although DH commented afterwards that he thought it had been a bit hot in there.

I often feel hot at work as classrooms so stuffy but this has never happened before- hope it's not going to become a common occurrence!

So there's nothing you can do to prevent it then? It was just so sudden- went from feeling 100% fine to world going black in about 10 seconds!

eltsihT Mon 29-Apr-13 12:29:20

About the same stage of pregnancy, last time round, I had a similar fainting fit at work. I went straight to my GP, as I was sent home from work. My blood pressure was fine but my iron was low. Iron tablets soon sorted me out

Rosa Mon 29-Apr-13 12:35:20

I had semi faints ( caught in time) up to about 18 weeks and then again from 35. Low blood pressure . The only time I went down was after I had routine blood tests - they don't bother me . I had sat down afterwards for about 10 mins - ate a banana . I even walked about 15 paces and only recall a nurse shouting ' the pregnant one is going down'.

SourSweets Mon 29-Apr-13 15:24:24

Oh poor you! I always used to faint in my first and early second trimester. I had super low blood pressure. Not much you can do except eat frequently and try to avoid standing for long periods. I'm now in the last week of my second trimester and the fainting has totally stopped, so hopefully it will for you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now