Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pounding heart when I lie down

(6 Posts)
LouiseD29 Sun 28-Apr-13 23:45:52

Driving me crazy and stopping me sleeping. It's no faster than usual, but it's like I can feel my pulse vibrating through my whole body - including bump when I lie down. Feels physically as though i've had a fright or am stressed about something, but I'm not (particularly)! Am 25+1. Anyone else had this?

elsabel Mon 29-Apr-13 00:06:01

Yes, i got it pretty much the whole way through my 2nd trimester and its very common. Heart palpertations-something to do with your body working harder to pump the extra blood round your body or something. If it worries you contact your midwife/gp but id say its normal...damn annoying though! Have a happy pregnancy!

hartmel Mon 29-Apr-13 04:11:36

I'm only 21 weeks now but have the same problem. Try not to sleep on your back. That helps me.
Congrats by the way :-)

LouiseD29 Mon 29-Apr-13 07:08:57

Thanks for the replies - just what I needed - yet another reason not to be able to sleep! smile

weeblueberry Mon 29-Apr-13 14:56:51

Are you lying on your back? It can put a lot of pressure on certain areas of your abdomen/back which gave me palpitations at about the 24 week mark. I normally sleep in the recovery position so once I went back to that it was fine but even now if I roll into my back I feel decidedly weird...

LouiseD29 Mon 29-Apr-13 20:17:11

Lying on my back feels great, but then I find that I can't move and it kills my lower spine, so I have taken to lying on my left side - still with the pounding! I was reading today that apparently I (we) have 45% more blood than usual - so I guess it kinda makes sense. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now