Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby bath help please

(17 Posts)
ButteryJam Sun 28-Apr-13 22:32:22

Hi,

My sink isn't large enough to accommodate a baby. I ordered this baby bath from Mamas and Papas and then realised it is quite large. Basically we have a shower over the bath and I was hoping to find a baby bath that would fit in half of the bath so that it could be left there when we shower, instead of me having to dry it every day and take it out. Has anyone seen anything like that?

Thanks! smile

Cavort Sun 28-Apr-13 22:38:04

I have bought one of these. It's quite compact and would definitely fit in half a bath.

www.amazon.co.uk/Tippitoes-BM3-Mini-Bath-White/dp/B0037ZTT2A/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1367184934&sr=1-1&keywords=baby+bath

craftycottontail Sun 28-Apr-13 22:38:37

Have you seen the tub / bucket style baby baths? Amazon sell them, they're supposed to be good for supporting the baby and will take up less room

craftycottontail Sun 28-Apr-13 22:40:22

PS or what about your kitchen sink? that's what I'm planning on using as it's higher up and figured it would be better for my back and easier to hold baby at that height.

MummyWeatherwax Sun 28-Apr-13 22:40:54

We have that bath, and yes, it is large, but it lives in our bath. We just empty it after use, then tip it up on its end, and it stands there at the end while we shower etc. Although we could easily take it out before showering, because once it's been tipped up, there's virtually no water left.

FWIW, I was unconvinced by it at first, (couldn't get past thinking 'it's HUGE!') but I love it now. The shaped seat is great for DD to lie in, and have a hand free to wash her etc. I wouldn't go back to a traditional bath/tummy tub, because it's so much easier!grin

gallicgirl Sun 28-Apr-13 22:41:39

I just got one if those big sponge things to lay baby on in the normal bath. Baby baths get really heavy and the sponge worked great.

MultipleMama Mon 29-Apr-13 01:24:46

We just empty the baby bath and lean it against the side. We also have the puj flexi mat which you use in the sink for trips away..

Longdistance Mon 29-Apr-13 01:32:56

I wish I'd never bought a baby bath. We didn't use it too much, probably for the first month, after that we had a baby frame for them to lie on at an angle. It was so much easier than holding baby with one hand and washing with the other. They just lie on it and you wash them like that.
We bought ours from Kiddicare. Would highly recommend it.

Mutley77 Mon 29-Apr-13 02:32:41

I have this - which have used for DCs 1 and 2 and will also be using for DC3 - it involves minimal faffing about and has suction cups so you can stick it to the tiles round the bath when you're not using it.

http://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/76/18681/emmay-care-basics-bath-seat---white/?gclid=CK-_xZ7d7rYCFbEmpgodkWwAsQ

WeAreNinjaNotGeisha Mon 29-Apr-13 03:26:29

I just have DS in the large bathtub with me - .very lovely bonding time and he adores floating in the water.

Saves buying more faffy babykit!

BabyHMummy Mon 29-Apr-13 03:52:35

I got given my mama's and papas bath and was shocked at how huge it is so i understand your concerns. However was also given one from mothercare to keep at my parents and Tbh it isn't much smaller...it is slightly narrower but same length and having looks around they are all similar sizes. The foam things that are mentioned above are good and mama's and papas do a plastic version that support baby.

I am gonna see how we get on ad then may order something else or just have her in he bath with us.

Good luck

MrsEddChina Mon 29-Apr-13 04:01:58

We have a sponge from kiddicare, or 5wo DD comes in with one of us. She loves to float!

PurplePidjin Mon 29-Apr-13 07:29:04

My 5mo has been in his baby bath precisely twice - luckily we were given one! - just run 2" of water in the regular bath and lean over the side. Or get in there with them.

Most of these things are a ploy to extract cash from first time parents wink

Smerlin Mon 29-Apr-13 11:21:21

I was just going to get one of those foam seat/ support things to go in the normal bath- costs under £10..

Sluggers Mon 29-Apr-13 17:47:10

My sister's told me not to waste my money and to use a new washing up bowl when the baby is tiny instead...

ButteryJam Mon 29-Apr-13 18:33:41

Thanks everyone, I'm going to look into your suggestions.

When using just a baby frame, do you use the shower nozzle to wash them? confused

Gooseysgirl Mon 29-Apr-13 20:09:22

OP I asked my sister for that bathtub as a gift when DD was born and it's fantastic! Yes it's quite big but we simply leave on its side when we're using the shower. DD is 14months and we're still using it. It's much easier than filling the bath tub and DD loves it! I wouldn't be without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now