Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Paranoia or time to call the mw??

(10 Posts)
Fairy130389 Sun 28-Apr-13 19:46:43

Today I have felt generally unwell - DSD is also down with some sort of virus so may well have picked that up but I am exhausted and have spent day on and off sleeping. I have had some slight Braxton hicks too, and baby has had some hiccups but movements (seem) to be a bit slow... not necessarily reduced but kind of weaker. I am 33 weeks now so guess it might be a lack of space thing but I just don't feel right and can't put my finger on it.

I really don't want to appear like a hypochondriac by calling midwife!

NotSpartacus Sun 28-Apr-13 19:50:24

Call the midwife.
You don't mess about with a change in movements.

MrsHiddleston Sun 28-Apr-13 19:51:36

What notsparticus said.

MrsHiddleston Sun 28-Apr-13 19:51:56

And you will not appear like a hypochondriac!

kohl Sun 28-Apr-13 19:52:18

Call the midwife asap. They always always want to know about a change in movements. Trust your instincts.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 28-Apr-13 19:53:04

Give them a call. They won't think that you're a hypochondriac at all.

TippiShagpile Sun 28-Apr-13 19:54:03

Trust your instinct fairy. Definitely.

drinkyourmilk Sun 28-Apr-13 19:55:50

I'd call them. They would rather you play it safe I promise

Fairy130389 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:25:28

Thanks for the replies. I have just had some ice cream to try and wake him up a bit and will give him half an hour and see what he does. If not then I will call.

dottypyjamas Sun 28-Apr-13 20:31:29

Just to reiterate what others have said - if you don't think things are right and movements have changed or lessoned, give them a ring they won't think you are a hypochondriac. I did exactly this today and went in for monitoring - of course in the waiting room bubs went mad (typical!) but the midwife said repeatedly she'd rather see mums (to be!) who are worried.

Hope all is well and you get reassurance either from icecream or the midwife smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now