Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Come and talk to me about braxton hicks please.

(2 Posts)
FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 28-Apr-13 19:19:54

I'm 35+2 with dc3, so I really ought to know, but there's a bit of a gap and I can't remember anything

Now I had one a couple of weeks ago, that was unmistakably a BH, as it went around my lower back too.

But for a past week I've been getting alot of tightenings across my bump, mainly from the belly button down.
But they're not painful, and at their most uncomfortable they just feel like minor stitch (like from running, but not one sided iykwim).

Are they BH?

I'm sure that in previous pregnancies they hurt more. Or is it a matter of waiting and they'll get more painful in the coming weeks?

I know that I'll know when I go into labour --there was no mistaking it last labours

somanymiles Mon 29-Apr-13 01:12:19

They sound very much like BH. Tightening without hurting - that is classic BH. But I would talk to your midwife about it to be on the safe side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now