Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C-Section recovery (abdominal pains)

(3 Posts)
lisa08031982 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:46:33

i just wondered if anyone had experienced the same sort of thing as me ive had 2 c sections 1st an emergency 3 years ago the 2nd elective which was 1 1/2 weeks ago i found i recovered really well from the 1st and was driving again at 2 weeks after felt normal enough quickly although i did get an infection. after this 2nd one less than a week after it was infected but i felt generally ok but ive maybe over done it abit but the last 2 days ive started with really bad abdominal pains which pain killers arnt touching, the midwife told me today im on the wrong antibiotics but i have to finish the course before i move onto the others as these will still help but the pain is all over my tummy from under my boobs all the way down to my belly button but not near my scar, i just wondered if anyone else had experienced this pain as 111 and midwife didnt seem to concerned about it i certainly didnt have it with my 1st the pain is like a aching inside all over it hurts to walk and do most things definitely taking it easy for a while now but its hard with a 3 year old lol any advice would be appreciated smile

MrsMc82 Sun 28-Apr-13 19:42:51

Any chance it could be trapped wind? I remember having the most excruciating pain thought it was something terrible but didn't know that air get into the abdomen during surgery and it really effing painful to displace, peppermint oil in hot water helped ease the pain. ......

lisa08031982 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:05:15

I had trapped wind in the hospital and I think it felt different but it may be ill try anything right now it hurts so much it's tender to actually touch anywhere on my tummy other half thinks its internal bruising but I think it will have to be a trip to the docs to find out thank you for replying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now