Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When do they measure your bump?

(10 Posts)
lovemybabyboy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:33:06

I was just wondering at how many weeks did your midwife start measuring your bump and doing a growth chart, I am sure they started earlier with DS1 and 2 but can't remember exactly how many weeks pregnant I was.
I am 28 weeks and have not had my bump measured or a growth chart started yet. I am seeing the midwife on Thursday so hoping she will start then as I will be 29wks on Friday! My last appointment I was 21 wks and 6 days so she just listened to baby's heart beat but didn't even feel my bump like I thought they should. I had a GTT at 26 wks and the lady doing it was surprised that I didn't have a growth chart in my notes and said I should ask my midwife for one.

roofio87 Sun 28-Apr-13 14:41:13

I might be wrong on this,but I think they do start earlier with number 1. you have an extra appointment at 24 weeks where they measure your bump but second time round they skip that and start at 28 weeks. not sure why though!!

lovemybabyboy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:44:36

Ok, thank you. smile

Littlemissexpecting Sun 28-Apr-13 14:49:30

I was going to say what Roo said.
If mw doesn't do it at 29 wk appt ask but I'm sure they will

scrumpkin Sun 28-Apr-13 14:54:03

Also depends on area. I've had 3 babies and have never had my bump measured.

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Sun 28-Apr-13 15:43:20

I was expecting to be measured at my 24 week appointment but the Midwife said they start at 28 weeks so it may depend on the trust.

Cavort Sun 28-Apr-13 15:46:41

They started officially charting the measurement on my growth chart at 28 weeks, although MW did A quick measure just with her fingers at 25 weeks after I asked as was worried about having a small bump.

FoofFighter Sun 28-Apr-13 15:50:22

dc3 here and was measured at 24 wk appt for the first time.

MisselthwaiteManor Mon 29-Apr-13 13:13:31

I haven't been measured yet (30 weeks) but the midwife has had a feel at the last few appointments so I don't think they measure in my area, just go by touch.

beckie90 Mon 29-Apr-13 13:20:58

I had a 24 week appointment (dc3) was told they don't start measuring till 28wks. Think its all dependant on the trust your with x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now