Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Amnio results

(4 Posts)
verity02 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:06:18

I'm 44 and 17 weeks pregnant with my 4th. I have 3 older boys.
I've just found out that my baby has Triple X. I'm devastated. I can't get my head round this at all. There's a string chance that she could be ok with not too much problems but its the unknown. What if she's not ok. I can't bond with my baby. I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I just don't know what to do. I've been offered a tfmr if I decide I don't want to go ahead with this pregnancy.

lljkk Sun 28-Apr-13 11:12:00

No one can tell you what to do, but the Wiki line
"the vast majority of Triple X females are never diagnosed"

suggests to me that it's normally very mild in effect. No one else's choice is necessarily right for you, but my tuppence is that I think would terminate for most chromosome abnormalities, but not this one.

I hope you can find a way thru soon.

verity02 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:13:37

Thanks for replying. I found out on Tuesday and my head is still reeling. I'm in a state

coffeewineandchocolate Sun 28-Apr-13 11:13:40

Do you have a partner or family you can talk to? It may be worth using a website like this www.cafamily.org.uk/medical-information/conditions/t/triple-x-syndrome/ to speak to a family who know what you are going through? Maybe even put a now on one of the special needs boards on mn?

I think the key thing is there is no right answer, just what is right for you and your family wine flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now