Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just discovered I'm pregnant - but DS knew first!

(18 Posts)
extracrunchy Sun 28-Apr-13 07:12:50

So I had a hunch something was up yesterday, one day late for AF, tested just now and BFP!
Funny thing is DS aged 2 said last week out of the blue (accompanied by a squeezy hug): "mummy got baby brother"
I wonder if he's right grin

TiredFeet Sun 28-Apr-13 07:30:19

This happened to me, was really weird. My period was about a day late, but we weren't ttc, ds starts poking my tummy and saying 'there's something in there' and then starts asking all about when he was a baby in my tummy. A few days later I finally took a test and it was positive. I swear he knew first!

Congratulations by the way smile

cupcake78 Sun 28-Apr-13 07:33:25

Same happened here. Ds 5 started saying he was going to be a big brother when I was about 3-4 wks pregnant.

We told him after 12 week scan and he said he already knew because he'd been having dreams about the baby in mums tummy.

SorryMyLollipop Sun 28-Apr-13 08:00:21

My DD1 (6) started going on about wanting and having a baby brother before I even POAS. She had never mentioned it up until that point.

IHateSafeStyle Sun 28-Apr-13 08:02:08

I had other people tell me I was pg both tiered, they'd had dreams and I was already and didn't know it.

JellyCurls Sun 28-Apr-13 11:15:28

Snap my dd who is 6 announced that she was getting another baby day before my BFP. She doesn't know yet but keeps asking about when she was in my tummy. She did the same when I was pregnant with dc2.

extracrunchy Sun 28-Apr-13 11:25:45

Bizarre and lovely! grin

Yonionekanobe Sun 28-Apr-13 14:41:53

Same here!! DD (just 2) started poking my tummy and giggling. I though she was just being cheeky after all I am no Kate Moss thank god but she kept going on about baby tummy. 3 days later BFP!?

We have been at my parents' house this weekend, and they don't know yet (I'm only five weeks and had an EP in the past so cautious). DD has not been told but kept going on and on about babies, seeking out pictures in books etc. Mum was very hmm

Fakebook Sun 28-Apr-13 14:50:57

It's strange isn't it? But this is very common. I didn't even think I was pregnant and a week before I took the test (must have been about 4 weeks) both my children (5 and 1) started hugging me and rubbing their faces into my stomach at random times throughout the day. My ds has been attached to me ever since and lifts my tops up and pokes me or puts his head on me and sucks his thumb. Dd was the same when I was pregnant with ds.

I have a friend who's pregnant and she's experiencing the exact same thing with her children, and they're both too young to understand they're having a baby. She says hers started doing it before she took a test too.

soupmaker Sun 28-Apr-13 17:27:02

I've had 2 MC since having DD, with the second one she was 31/2 and asked about when the new baby would arrive before we told anyone. I was shock. I am now pregnant with DC2 and before we told anyone DD poked me and announced that she thought there is a baby in my tummy. Again I was shock. So bizarre. They just seem to know.

Frenelder Sun 28-Apr-13 21:28:05

My niece (2) did the same thing. I'd told my sister in law the day we got a positive test but we hasn't told anybody else.
My neice said to her dad in the car that me & DH were having a baby, so my brother asked my SIL who thought I mut have started telling people so told him yes. .
Really strange....
We're out in the open now to our family so when I officially told my neice she said yeah I know.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 28-Apr-13 21:31:45

Interesting thread, I'd never heard of this before.

wonderstuff Sun 28-Apr-13 21:41:50

How spooky!
Dd told me my milk tasted yucky must have been a day or two after conception, I didn't get it at the time.

LouiseD29 Mon 29-Apr-13 06:45:25

Ooooh, this happened to me too! I was about 10 weeks, visiting my friend to tell her, in fact, that I was pg and her two year old daughter just turned to me and said, 'is there a baby in your tummy?' before I had said anything! How strange, but also sort of lovely.

DaveMccave Mon 29-Apr-13 10:20:33

Weird! My dd (5) patted my tummy when I was putting her to bed one night and said 'oooh! There might be another baby in there!' A week later I had a bfp after my coil fell out. She'd never mentioned anything like that before and showed no interest in babies or siblings. I'm 24 weeks now smile

Bramshott Mon 29-Apr-13 10:25:14

DD1 was right about DD2 - she said "my baby sister, who's in your tummy" before I'd bought a pregnancy test!

YoniIfYouSayPlease Mon 29-Apr-13 10:36:40

Spooky.

I love hearing about stuff like this.

PinkApple86 Mon 29-Apr-13 11:41:49

I'm 20 weeks with dc1, and work in a shop, not showing loads yet, and lately I swear babies have been looking and me giving me knowing smiles. Maybe it's all in ny head lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now