Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Debbie37 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:02:59

Im 22 weeks pregnant and have no sex drive what so ever . All I'm reading is that at this stage I'm suppose to be feeling wonderful and glowing . My partner is looking for it more than ever .doing my head in

Newtobecomingamum Sat 27-Apr-13 23:22:17

My sex drive totally went too but I suffered from terrible sickness for the first five months and I think that did it for me! I am 35 weeks and have done it twice since being pregnant and didn't really enjoy it properly and couldn't totally relax, also my partner felt the same. When you feel the baby moving inside of you it feels a bit wrong/odd so didn't do it any more and we do other stuff like cuddles and I make sure he is satisfied in other ways (tmi!). Lots of women do enjoy sex at all stages in pregnancy but everyone is different. At the end of the day if you don't feel like it, don't do it and like I said lots of cuddles and man play (it's a turn on seeing that he is satisfied) and then everyone's happy lol! I hope my sex drive comes back after birth though, I know it might not be straight away but hope it does come back. Hope that helps X

Debbie37 Sun 28-Apr-13 11:29:10

Yeah it does , seems when it comes to men opposite works . If I was to want it he wouldn't lol .

Kelly1814 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:00:15

i am DYING to do it and since my cerclage at 14 weeks advised strictly against it!!!! have always had a high sex drive though. am even dreaming about it!!

McRoo Sun 28-Apr-13 13:10:37

Im 38 weeks + 4 but throughout I have struggled with sex.

Mentally I often have felt quite keen, and am desperate to have my old body back so we can have sex again, but when we actually try I just freak out. I can't bear feeling the baby move when we are having sex, it feels so uncomfortable with my partner inside me (tmi?) and I just don't particularly like being touched in that way. It creeps me out. But, like I say, the idea of it is appealing I just can't face the reality.

There is definitely no right or wrong when it comes to how you should be feeling so don't worry and try not to feel guilty. Pregnancy is so individual.

SourSweets Sun 28-Apr-13 14:22:43

McRoo that's exactly how I feel. Not only are you dealing with a lot of physical changes and discomfort (sickness, tiredness, aches and muscle pains, SPD, baby moving, extra sensitive bits etc) but you're also dealing with the psychological changes happening. That's the bit I've found hardest, I don't view myself as a sexual person right now (or a sexually attractive person for that matter) so it's difficult to accept that my husband does view me like that. I think it's totally normal as there's so much going on for you. I'm sure you'll go back to normal after the baby comes (although you'll be dead tired!) so don't feel bad or inadequate that you're not so into it right now. There's more important stuff going on!

Debbie37 Sun 28-Apr-13 19:50:08

Thank god I'm not the only one lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now