Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Argh, trying to work out when I'll get a BFP

(4 Posts)
cravingcake Sat 27-Apr-13 18:25:35

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me work out when I may be due a period, or find out I'm pregnant. I already have one DS so you would think I should know this.

I was on a mini-pill so technically shouldn't get periods but I still did, although not regularly. We are ttc so I stopped taking my pill when the pack ran out and since my last period its been almost 6 weeks, and since stopping the pill its been 2.5 weeks.

I POAS this morning with a negative result (was clearblue brand). So any clues as to when I could expect a BFP or a period ?

For now I will just do a test once a week until I find out but don't really want to spend more money on tests than I need to.

Rockchick1984 Sat 27-Apr-13 18:31:40

Buy a load of cheapy tests off amazon (I think the ones I got were called One Step) so you can test as much as you want? I think that because you stopped partway through a month it's likely that your next period will be around a month after you stopped taking the pills, it's not proper periods you get on hormonal contraception it's just a breakthrough bleed.

cravingcake Sat 27-Apr-13 18:59:41

Didn't even think about getting a load of cheapy ones so will order some now. Yes, I guess it may be another week or two before I know one way or another. Thanks!

Flisspaps Sat 27-Apr-13 19:09:17

You can get 10 for 99p and free postage from eBay grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now