Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does baby not bring engaged at 39 weeks mean ill go overdue?

(8 Posts)
weeblueberry Sat 27-Apr-13 17:21:47

We went for a scan this morning (massive waste of time but that's for another thread...) and the only information they gave me was that the baby isn't engaged at all. She said she also has her spine on my right and possibly even to my back. Ugh. I'm less concerned about the back to back than I am about her not being at all engaged because I'm worried she'll go late and ill need induced sad.

Just wondered if anyone had any happy stories they could tell me of a midwife/sonographer who's told you that baby wasn't engaged and then, oh I don't know, your waters went that evening? grin That would help me a lot lol.

NickNacks Sat 27-Apr-13 17:23:51

My ds2 was the only one not to engage and he came the earliest. My waters went with the big gush and I had no clues up until then that he might be early. (Ds1 I was 41 plus 3, DS 2 38 plus 4)

Caladria Sat 27-Apr-13 17:25:12

Mine only engaged in labour - born at 39+5.

gingeme Sat 27-Apr-13 17:28:55

All 5 of mine engaged in Labour

StormyBrid Sat 27-Apr-13 17:32:26

DD wasn't engaged at 39 weeks. At 39+3 I ate a tin of pineapple chunks and she dropped about a foot in the space of twenty minutes, and turned up on her due date. There's hope!

lollypopsicle Sat 27-Apr-13 18:57:32

I was told baby was 'free' and not engaged at 41 weeks when i went for a sweep. He was born less than 24 hrs later.
When she told me he wasn't engaged I asked if that meant labour was way off. she said if that was the case then there would be no such thing as a preterm baby.

weeblueberry Sat 27-Apr-13 19:16:00

Aaah thanks so much. You guys have made my night. smile

gingeme Sat 27-Apr-13 22:23:11

Your welcome and good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now