Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Query about Maternity Allowance - any HR/personnel bods about please?

(10 Posts)
FoofFighter Sat 27-Apr-13 12:27:29

Maternity Pay - I can't get SMP as I don't earn enough to qualify, but I am entitled to Maternity Allowance instead.
The qualifying period I have is from April last year and can submit any 13 payslips, from I think the last 66 weeks (or 52 if I have misunderstood that part) and they don't have to be concurrent not like with SMP where it's payslips from weeks 17-25 only.

Does anyone know if that means I can put through a couple of payslips from my previous FT job from July/Aug 2012 or is it strictly from this current employment, it's really not clear (despite a 40 page print out grin) it could bump up my weekly MA a bit you see...?

ilovepowerhoop Sat 27-Apr-13 12:41:00

the notes from the MA form says this:

If you had more than one job in any of the weeks
you have chosen, send us the payslips from all the
jobs. We will return them to you

The form itself that you fill in has spaces to put in more than one employer too.

FoofFighter Sat 27-Apr-13 14:07:33

I haven't had more than one job ie working for two employers at the same time, this is what I mean by I feel it doesn't make it clear that this can be from either having more than one job at the same time, or having a number of (now ended) different jobs during the qual period?

ilovepowerhoop Sat 27-Apr-13 14:13:37

the form gives sections for different employers and start and end dates for each so I can't see why you couldn't use the info from the other employer if you worked for them during the qualifying period

FoofFighter Sat 27-Apr-13 14:17:32

Doesn't help that I have pregnancy brain either hmm

RJM17 Sat 27-Apr-13 14:29:56

I have been totally confused by all this myself as I can't seem to work out what I am actually entitled to. They don't make the forms very helpful. X

ilovepowerhoop Sat 27-Apr-13 14:38:09

you could contact Jobcentre Plus during the week and ask them:

TinkyPeet Sat 27-Apr-13 18:15:22

I think it's just the 13 highest payslips from within your qualifying time period, not specifically from one job or another, if you have earnt less than 107 a week it won't matter who the employer was x

FoofFighter Sat 27-Apr-13 18:16:18

feeling better that it's not just me! general concencus on my due date fb group is the same as you say ilove, but I do go past the JCP most days so could pop in and see smile

rosiedays Sat 27-Apr-13 22:09:43

foof i ended up in tears while filling mine in last week. you'd have thought they would have made it easy for us.... I have had 3 employers in qualifying period..... i just sent everything i had.... it's there job to sort it out!!
JCP had NO idea about it at all when i went in but i did eventually get some help from the phone no on line (took about 8 calls to get the right department but worth it in the end.
good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now