Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anxious and teary!!!!!!!!!!!

(10 Posts)
Foodylicious Sat 27-Apr-13 10:08:29

Hi

hoping someone has some words of wisdom for me.
This is my first pregnancy after TTC for 17 months. We are really happy, but I had no ides i would feel this anxious. I keep thinking something is going to go wrong and am almost expecting to see blood every time I go to the loo. I have been having what I understand are normal early symptoms such as mild cramping on and off, nausea, tiredness and generally feeling a bit funny in the head. I know this is probably part of the hormone chnages too but its making me feel awful, feeling particularly teary today and don't quite know what to do with myself sad

AnythingNotEverything Sat 27-Apr-13 10:17:59

I feel your pain OP! The worry is completely normal, and unavoidable I think. Especially with such a wait for a bfp.

Things get easier once you've had a scan and seen your baby. Have you got a booking in appointment yet? They'll book your scan from there.

There are some interesting stats online about the likelihood of miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat at each week. A scan may settle you a little.

Are you naturally anxious? I'd advise that you and DP did some ways to ease your worry. The pregnancy worry is continuous - always waiting for the next scan/appointment, but it doesn't get much better after the baby is born!

Good luck.

Foodylicious Sat 27-Apr-13 10:45:18

Thanks, just having an especialy emotional day today. And no, not normally anxious. I think because we have been tttc for so long we have had time to hear about and meet soo many people (on forums like this) who have had a rough time and are much more aware of what can go wrong than if we had been pg 15 months ago.
Am only 4-5 weeks now so ages till a scan. thinking of looking in to getting a private one a bit early if I can, need to find out what is the earliest it is worthwhile having one.

Lydia161290 Sat 27-Apr-13 10:48:27

Firstly congrats on your new pregnancy!

I'm pregnant with my first also, I think every pregnant woman goes through this. It's perfectly normal to feel anxious and worried! I think the internet doesn't help either, so please, do not click on anything that will make you even more anxious in your early days of pregnancy! I learned from that mistake.

I'm 27 weeks and still worry sometimes if my baby will be okay. I do check my knickers still, but that's a habit. Every week is like a milestone and I feel relief every time I pass a new week.

My suggestion is try and relax. Enjoy your pregnancy and the fact that you're creating life. I know it may seem like you have ages to go, but time flies. When you go to see your midwife, don't be scared to voice your concerns. That's what they're there for!

Something my midwife said to me that kind of stuck: 'Don't worry, the baby will be all snug and warm inside' Even those small words made me feel better!

keepitgoing Sat 27-Apr-13 11:10:56

Hi foody come and join us here

We have all been TTC for a long time, mostly had ivf, but I think anyone who's been trying for ages has the same issues.

Foodylicious Sat 27-Apr-13 11:16:28

thanks guys!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 27-Apr-13 12:04:05

Completely normal to feel like this... I'm 5 weeks with number three. Had two perfectly normal pregnancies with my two dc then two miscarriages. I feel anxious too and am not getting too used to the idea just in case. Hugs x

lexib Sat 27-Apr-13 12:18:22

Hi foody, i had a scan at 7 weeks privately and it was so reassuring, they confirmed the heart beat and everything. That would only be a couple of weeks away for you? The other thing is that if you have symptoms of pregnancy it's can actually be a nice thing - might be feeling pants, but it means growing things are going on in there smile

Alexandra6 Sat 27-Apr-13 13:31:16

Hi foody I can totally relate to what you're going through, I ttc'd for 15 months and am now pregnant with my first (love saying that!) but I've been SO anxious. I paid for a private scan at 8 weeks and saw the baby and heartbeat and I don't know whether it was that, or time, or being strict with myself about google but I feel better and a bit more relaxed now. I'm 9 weeks now. You're pregnant right now and the chances are on your side and getting better every day. Think how good we'll both feel at 12 weeks smile lots and lots of luck.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 27-Apr-13 13:40:56

I'm getting more and more tempted to have a scan at eight weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now