Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where does my bump go in the morning?

(10 Posts)
BelleEtLaBaby Sat 27-Apr-13 08:48:49

Am 21wks with DS2.

When I get up in the morning, my bump seems to have disappeared! Just a chubby tummy. By about ten, its a nice, round bump again.

Where's the baby hiding? smile

Excited85 Sat 27-Apr-13 08:54:51

Haha I'd like to know too! Flat tummy when wake up, definite bump in afternoon!

BelleEtLaBaby Sat 27-Apr-13 08:56:19

I don't sleep on my back; never have. So I don't think he's fallen in (iyswim)... Where is he?? ;)

Excited85 Sat 27-Apr-13 09:34:44

Haha I sleep on my side and have a 'bump slump' towards the bed but come morning... As if by magic.... Gone!

Cavort Sat 27-Apr-13 09:39:19

I had this until about 25 weeks. Very mysterious!

rosiedays Sat 27-Apr-13 10:03:00

Yep it's freeky!! Mine went totally for a couple of days at 20 weeks, proper freeked me out! Sensible answer I think it's to do with bloating!

Smerlin Sat 27-Apr-13 11:34:08

I have this too but have assumed its to do with the bump actually being very small despite wishful thinking and the bloating being immense! sad

Oh to not feel bloated anymore by the end of the day!

Choccybaby Sat 27-Apr-13 12:26:48

I think it might be that you tummy muscles are stronger in the morning after a rest and then get weaker through the day as they are stretched when you're upright.
My bumps certainly much bigger at night, particular when I've been on my feet all day.

PurplePoppySeed Sat 27-Apr-13 15:04:17

I've been thinking the same, a colleague even commented that she could see it getting bigger as the day went on! I'm wondering if its both muscles and bloating, as I also find it harder to eat much at night?

blueberrygranola Sat 27-Apr-13 22:21:15

Same here... tiny bump in the morning and huge one in the evening after supper. Am in third trimester now and cannot understand how bump spans three trimesters in the course of a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now