Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

outings in advanced pregnancy

(4 Posts)
tequilacream Fri 26-Apr-13 12:50:09

I am currently 27 weeks and we've been invited to a concert in London (I live in Surrey) in mi-July when I'll be 38 weeks and also wanted to go to Goodwood Festival the same week. Just wondering how mobile are you at 38 weeks and is it safe to be so far away from your hospital (obviously I know there are hospitals both in London and in Goodwood)? Anyone lead an active / normal life right up to your due date (mine's 30th July)?

adagio Fri 26-Apr-13 13:04:58

By about 35 weeks I found I had a burning desire to be home or local, I was still very mobile and happily took long walks, worked full time, did shopping, cleaning, nesting etc - but I just didn't want to travel anymore (I had been travelling 150 miles from home every week to another office up till 35 week mark).

I think you could still do those things if you wanted to, but you might find you don't want to! Everyone is different though…and baby could arrive or early or you could get SPD in which case Goodwood would be horrific!

I stopped work at 38 weeks, ran out of things to clean by 39, and had the baby at 40+3.

Fuckwittery Fri 26-Apr-13 13:07:57

I would only make plans that could be changed. I.e. don't buy expensive tickets unless you know you can sell them on. I went to a wedding 5 hours drive away at 39 weeks pregnant but I hadn't a hint of labour, was quite comfortable and found out where the local hospital was, had back up plan for childcare etc if I did go into labour. The wedding was a relaxed buffet one so bride was fine if we had needed to pull out last minute, if it had been a 100 quid a head type do I might not have committed as I'd have felt so bad if we couldn't have made it.

tequilacream Fri 26-Apr-13 13:48:02

Thanks very much for your advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now