Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vomiting and fainting 34 weeks

(15 Posts)
Mummysaysno Fri 26-Apr-13 02:08:50

I'm 34 weeks with DC4, and really struggling in the mornings...feel like I'm going to be sick. Twice in last couple of weeks I have been sick. Also feeling really faint in the mornings.

Is the sickness a result of heartburn? I don't remember this with the other pregnancies.

Slightly anaemic, nothing dramatic. Is it just my stomach being squashed there's no space?

Anyone else throwing up and feeling so feeble at this stage...still a few weeks to go!!!!

(I'm not eating breakfast before doing anything in the morning as thought the fainting may be hunger)

Mummysaysno Fri 26-Apr-13 02:09:39

Sorry 'not eating breakfast' should read 'now eating breakfast'!

corblimeymadam Fri 26-Apr-13 02:30:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ButteryJam Fri 26-Apr-13 03:30:27

I haven't been feeling sick but felt more like I would be sick if I didn't have breakfast straight away like in early pregnancy. Maybe it's change in hormone levels?

Mummysaysno Fri 26-Apr-13 03:49:27

Thanks ladies - DH will tell me I always feel crap someway or another by this stage, I remember with DC3 I got flu around this stage and was really ill for 3 weeks but that was a different type of illness, with its own symptons!

Just makes me so nervous going out in the morning that I will throw up or faint!!

Fairy130389 Fri 26-Apr-13 09:30:09

I'm 33 weeks and have been sick a couple of times in the last few weeks, think it is a return of the hormones thing :S Mention it to MW though if you're worried!

corblimeymadam Tue 30-Apr-13 05:41:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mummysaysno Tue 30-Apr-13 06:09:29

Ah thanks! It still happens...and live in a hot humid country so making sure I rehydrate plenty!

I think, like labour, we all forget just how much hard work it is being pregnant, so when it gets tricky it seems like such a surprise!!!grin

DolomitesDonkey Tue 30-Apr-13 06:27:09

mummy Please get it checked out, I went down with pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks. I felt fucking dreadful but because it was 36 degrees I thought "well du-uh, of course I feel shit!".

cupcake78 Tue 30-Apr-13 07:02:54

I'm 32 wks and the sickness is returninghmm. Had terrible morning sickness till and low blood pressure till 24 wks and ended up on anti sickness tablets.

Could be anything from tiredness to hormones to something more. Get checked out if you can.

lookingfoxy Tue 30-Apr-13 08:27:10

Hi it could well be the heartburn, I'm 33 weeks and when feeling sick its usually sorted out by gaviscon and toast, I get it if I leave too long between eating something as well.

Mummysaysno Tue 30-Apr-13 09:11:00

Thanks ladies. I was at a different doctor and mentioned it...he thought (can't remember correct name) but fainting due to low blood pressure and bending down to get something.
Seeing ob on Friday so I will mention it also!!

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 11:50:15

make sure they have checked your blood sugars! get them to do your blood pressure sitting then standing if they have not done it already, when did they last check your iron? good luck x x

Mummysaysno Tue 30-Apr-13 12:12:01

I have gestational diabetes so check my blood sugars. Haven't had the stand-up/sit-down blood pressure though!!

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 12:36:36

helps to conform if it is postural hypotension (blood pressure drop when you stand) or of it is just low in general. my sister had similar symptoms for a bit and put it down to blood pressure until one night she woke up really breathless - turn out she was severely aenemic, was fine after they increased her iron suplements

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now