Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heartbeat location and baby's position

(8 Posts)
Springforward Thu 25-Apr-13 22:51:19

Baby was scanned and found to be breech at 32 weeks. 34 now, and midwife today said she thought baby may have turned head down as she found the heatbeat on left side below my belly button, though she did write in my notes that baby was still breech as she knew I was due to be rescanned soon and she would defer judgment until then.

Any experts in positioning out there - what do you think? <crosses fingers>

LittleNutTree Thu 25-Apr-13 22:54:21

Hmm, I had the MW on Weds (28+2) and she said that she thought that the baby was breech. She found his heartbeat on my left side, just next to my belly button too!

Springforward Thu 25-Apr-13 22:56:47

Ah. I'll carry on writing the c-section birth plan then!

Liveinthepresent Thu 25-Apr-13 22:59:52

Have you seen this website - found it on another thread recently it's really interesting- about how to work out position and ideas for spinning breech babies ...
spinningbabies.com/

Springforward Thu 25-Apr-13 23:02:19

Will look - have looked at for breech position but didn't think about looking there re: heartbeat, thanks for tip.

LittleNutTree Thu 25-Apr-13 23:12:16

Sorry, I didn't mean to post so soon and make it sound and make it sound like I was dashing all your hopes sad I'm no expert, my experience was just anecdotal. The spinning babies site is really good, and the info is really interesting if nothing else. Fingers crossed for your scan! smile

Springforward Thu 25-Apr-13 23:13:38

No problem, I asked, after all!

kittencuddles Thu 25-Apr-13 23:19:46

Hi, my mw said the most successful place to hear a clear heartbeat is through the shoulder blades. If this was the case the baby is probably head down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now