Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone had a waterbirth or know anyone that has had one at the Alex in Redditch??

(4 Posts)
Lottielou Wed 17-May-06 09:53:10

I'm nearly 37 weeks am planning a water birth and am wondering if anyone on MN had the Alex in Redditch? Or knows of anyone that has?

If so, what was it like there, were they supportive of delivering in the water? Have heard all sorts of stories so any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Lottie x

diddle Thu 18-May-06 18:26:39

[grin[ sorry mate don't know anyone that has, well i won't until you've been. Bumping this up for you.

mumtodylan Mon 22-May-06 19:05:15

hi i had my ds 2 years ago at the alex, and i wanted a waterbirth although i didn't end up with one. i was in the birth pool room which was really nice, but by the time i was 4cm (you have to be min 4cm to go in pool) i just couldn't wait half an hour for them to fill the pool and had an epidural, so i would suggest you ask them to fill the pool before you really need it, so that it's ready when you do want t o get in

Lottielou Tue 23-May-06 09:19:36

Thanks hun.
Wasn't sure if anyone had or not! Good idea, think i will ask them to fill it sooner rather than later then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: