Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

i think i can feel flutterings at 13 weeks

(9 Posts)
whiteandyellowiris Thu 25-Apr-13 19:01:15

could i actually be able to feel the baby at this stage?

BrianButterfield Thu 25-Apr-13 19:19:19

I did with DS. I know for sure because at 14 weeks I went to a gig and felt him moving in time to the music, but I'd felt him a few times before that. Never stopped moving from then on to this day!

lexib Thu 25-Apr-13 19:24:00

I'm at the same stage as you, and i too feel this! Did quite a bite off reading update, and it seems some people can feel movement at this stage

LunaticFringe Thu 25-Apr-13 19:25:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whiteandyellowiris Thu 25-Apr-13 19:26:45

oh thanks, perhaps i'm not going nuts then

ive only ever felt them at past 16 weeks before, but this is my third so maybe i can tell what it is easier ??

frumperina Thu 25-Apr-13 19:27:25

I did with DD at 13 weeks and this time at 12 weeks.

littleducks Thu 25-Apr-13 19:59:25

If you know what you are supposed to be feeling it is easier to recognise. The position of the placenta also affects it. I have an anterior placenta now (dc3) and can't feel anything at all.

SourSweets Thu 25-Apr-13 20:25:00

Yes! I felt mine at 14 weeks, felt from outside at 16 and saw him move from 18. And they do day you feel them earlier if its not your first.

RJM17 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:02:11

I am only 10 weeks and 4 days and I have felt movement a few times over the last few days. It felt like popping in my belly and I researched it because I was convinced it was too early. But it says that it can be felt early on depending in placenta etc.
so at ur stage I would defo say u can x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: