Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

clogged milk duct or something more serious? 31 weeks pg

(7 Posts)
MrFranklyShankly Thu 25-Apr-13 18:19:22

Hi girls

i discovered a black spot on my left breast (on the milk duct area ) last week...it then started to get a bit irritated so i mentioned it to my dr at my last visit...she hd a look and said its most likely to be a blockage and will cleat out itself....but its driving me mad...she said if it doesnt clear in a week to get it looked at again as it could turn into something more serious....any advice??? Im starting to loose the plot a bit now with worry its something more sinister....and google isnt helping...any words of wisdom woukd be very helpful. Thanks. Frankly

quertas Thu 25-Apr-13 19:09:08

Don't google for sure. Is it sore? have you tried hot flannels on it to try to draw the blockage out? I know it feels a bit whacky but can you express a little colostrum?

forgetmenots Thu 25-Apr-13 19:55:56

I had this at 32 weeks, there was a wee lump and a black spot. I had a feel of it in the shower and (apologies if TMI) a bit of what looked like curd, like solid milk, came out. A couple of gentle squeezes like you would give a big spot(!) and it was gone.

Really sorry if anyone was eating, there...

MrFranklyShankly Thu 25-Apr-13 20:03:29

Thanks ladies yeah ive had a bit of a poke at it when in the shower and thought i haf it a few times but its still there...will try the hot flannel....there is some clear liquid comung out of it (and the nipple area sorry for the graphics!!) its driving me mad it feels very hot and i cant stick hving my bra near it....scared of infection now....as if the latter stages arent glam enough!!! I did read somewhere about putting a used tea bag on it to draw it out????? Or is that even more whacky!!! F

Teaandflapjacks Fri 26-Apr-13 10:45:38

no perfectly sane - actually a used camomile tea bag would be the best thing - excellent for healing. in germany when you have ulcers in mouth or tooth problems they get you to swill with camomile tea - just as healing as salt water. and no chemicals to worry about!

Teaandflapjacks Fri 26-Apr-13 10:48:26

www.ehow.com/how_2119585_use-chamomile-treat-skin-inflammations.html

wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Chamomile_Teabag_Compresses

MrFranklyShankly Fri 26-Apr-13 11:21:01

Thanks teaandflapjacks....will get myself a little box of chamomile tea bags and give that a go...hopefully it will work. Frankly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now