Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain

(7 Posts)
RJM17 Thu 25-Apr-13 13:33:09

Hi all
The last few days I have been really suffering with pain in my groin, hip, lower back and pelvic area. I have had a look on google and the nhs website and all they come up with us spd.
But I am only 10 weeks and 4 days. Surely it can't be spd already?? Has anyone ever heard of it starting this early??
I work in a nursery and running round with the kids seems to be making it worse. But sitting still hurts too!
Any advice would be great as I am going out of my mind with the pain and paracetamol isn't even touching it. X

nananaps Thu 25-Apr-13 13:37:27

Go to GP, could be UTI.

RJM17 Thu 25-Apr-13 13:50:44

Thanks I've tried getting an appointment but nothing til next Wednesday so just trying to see what people think and if anyone ever had similar xx

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 25-Apr-13 13:51:40

I reckon it could be spd as your job would involve you doing all the things I did wrong to end up with it!! Lifting toddlers, holding them on one hip, getting up and down off the floor etc. I would advise u don't pick them up and especially don't hold them on the hip because it puts uneven pressure on the pelvis and because of the relaxin it makes the joints move unevenly causing pain. I got mine back under control by closing my legs and swivelling as I got in and out of bed and the car, I used my exercise ball to gently rotate my hips whilst being properly supported by the ball. I also made sure I didn't carry anything on one side (toddlers, shopping anything) and got plenty of rest, but not sitting so long that it all seized up. It also makes you want to waddle but really try to walk normally to reduce the pressure on the hip joints. Other than that you need to speak to your midwife/doctor as you may need physio and/or a pelvic support belt, especially with the job you do. Hope that helps in someway, I really feel your pain sad

RJM17 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:04:33

Thank u I just didn't think I could get it this early on. I will try my doctors again and see if I can get in any earlier. Tried the midwife but she said cos I'm not 12 weeks yet they wouldn't see me. X

HeffalumpTheFlump Thu 25-Apr-13 14:11:46

Well thats not very helpful! It's not nice to be left to suffer when you are in pain. I know that the relaxin levels peak at 14 weeks and mine started around 13 weeks. I'm really think it's ur job making it bad so early though sad I really hope the doctors help you, I found the pain of it really hard to cope with when it was at its worst sad I even got stuck on the toilet sad my DH found that very amusing!!

RJM17 Thu 25-Apr-13 17:36:49

I know my doctors is really helpful!! Not!!

I am going to ring back in the morning and see if u can get anything as they keep appointments for people ringing on the day. Just hoping they can do something cos can't cope with this for another 30 weeks! Especially if my job is going to continue to make it worse.

Thanks for ur advice though, really appreciate it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now