Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kingston, C&W or Queen Charlottes

(7 Posts)
Emlu1980 Wed 24-Apr-13 21:45:07

Hi all,
My second baby is due in December and I have my dr appointment tomorrow. I know she's going to ask me which hospital I'd like. All three of the above are quite local to me. I had my daughter at C&W and had a mixed experience. Not sure whether I want to go back.
Any opinions on any of these hospitals would be gratefully received. I will be having a c-section.
Thanks!!
Emma x

MultipleMama Wed 24-Apr-13 23:28:40

A few friends of mine had positive experiences at Queen. I'm at Portland so I have no experience but my friend is having her 2nd at Queen's.

chickydoo Wed 24-Apr-13 23:36:48

All 4 kids at Kingston, good experiences each time ( despite v tricky birth with 1st DC)
Had my own room for duration with all 4.
Staff helpful & kind. They made sure all my needs, and my babies needs were met.

Emlu1980 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:21:33

Thanks ladies.
I think I was put off Kingston by its more general reputation as a hospital, whereas the maternity unit seems fine. Coming to the conclusion that all London hospitals are busy, so now here's perfect, but I think I will opt for Kingston for convenience and fair reviews.
X

fibrecruncher Thu 25-Apr-13 17:12:09

Hi Emma,

If you don't mind me asking I'm curious about your experience at C&W? I'm due in August and have been receiving my antenatal treatment there.
Thanks
Liz

Emlu1980 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:50:52

Hi Liz,
I had an elective c-section (due to placenta previa). All prenatal appointments were good and the operating staff couldn't have been better.
The problem I had was that the midwives on the ward afterwards were really rude, shouting at people and being rough. The night midwives were the worst. Because I'd had a c-section, I couldn't sit up properly and they were really huffy when you asked for help and it just made me so tearful (full of hormones!).
A dr friend of mine who worked there told me to complain afterwards, which I did, and they dealt with the complaint very professionally. They investigated and apparently sacked one of the temporary midwives.
I don't want to scare you, as mine is just one story. I've heard bad stories about every hospital near me! My decision motto go back is also partly based on the fact that C&W is 2 buses away (or a drive and expensive car park!). Speak to other people to get s'more balanced view.
Xx

fibrecruncher Sat 27-Apr-13 16:11:51

Hi Emma,

Thanks for letting me know, gosh that doesn't sound very good. Yes so far the antenatal care has been great and I really like my midwife. I have heard other complaints about the ward care after. Mmmm..

Liz
xo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now