Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks pregnant and found a little bit of blood

(12 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Apr-13 21:13:49

Hi, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and just went to the loo (wee) and when I wiped myself (sorry for tmi) and there was a little bit of blood (only slightly). I wiped again and just a small tiny visible bit of blood. After that wiped again and nothing. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this? I will monitor it but it's really worrying me. Would really appreciate any advice as I don't want to make a big deal out of it by calling doctor/mw, would rather know if anyone else has had this? Thanks

Catsycat Wed 24-Apr-13 21:51:42

Could you tell where it came from? I've occasionally had little cracks in my skin where I've been too vigorous wiping. Or sometimes piles can bleed. If it came from your fanjo, I would call the mws in the morning. It isn't making a big deal out of it to contact them. You're pg and you're worried, and you don't need any more reason than that to phone them.

Catsycat Wed 24-Apr-13 21:53:51

Forgot to say, if you get more bleeding tonight, call the mws at the hospital to discuss.

Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Apr-13 22:03:55

It def was from down below, I made sure the second time that I wiped , it was def coming from inside. Thank you for your response, I will give the midwife a call in the morning and monitor it throughout the night. So hard not to worry about these things : (

Thanks for commenting on my post x

Steffanoid Wed 24-Apr-13 22:15:15

They'll poss tell you to wear a pad to monitor it? Might be the way to go so you can say yeah had one on? Hth

RigglinJigglin Wed 24-Apr-13 22:21:20

New I had this last night after DTD with DH, I rang the hospital who asked me to wear a pad for half an hour and call back after I'd had a cup of tea.... They weren't overly concerned about it as I didn't have any cramping with it, after my call back and not filling a pad (sorry if tmi) they told me to rest up and that it was perfectly normal.

I'm 38weeks so a bit further on, if you're worried give them a call!

Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Apr-13 22:21:39

That's a good idea, I will do that! Many thanks for your advice x

Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Apr-13 22:24:31

Many thanks Rigglin. I will def do that and like you I haven't had any cramping or pain. Baby is happily moving around and kicking like mad as normal. I will put a pad on tonight, monitor and rest. Thank you file your post x

Newtobecomingamum Wed 24-Apr-13 22:24:54

*for

Catsycat Thu 25-Apr-13 20:35:14

Are you OK today New?

Newtobecomingamum Thu 25-Apr-13 22:24:45

Hi Catsycat, I have had no further signs of blood and wore the pad all night and others throughout today and it's been fine. Thank you for your MSG that's really kind of you thinking of me. I was meant to post an update earlier but have only just had family leave that were visiting. X

Catsycat Thu 25-Apr-13 23:02:18

Glad you're OK, and thanks for the update smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now