Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So when you say big knickers for after the birth...

(16 Posts)
craftycottontail Wed 24-Apr-13 19:27:43

...how big / what shape?

I find things that only come part way up my bump just roll down and end up uncomfortable, and I'm told the bump will only go back to about 5-6 months size after giving birth so rolling will still be an issue!

trivial, sorry!

BikeRunSki Wed 24-Apr-13 19:30:39

I was normally a 14 and wore ordinary size 16-18 "granny pants" for last few weeks of pg and first few weeks after birth. I got the big multipacks in black from supermarkets and Primark.

NumTumDeDum Wed 24-Apr-13 19:31:15

I may become known as granny pants lady but it's true the up to your waist knickers are the best. Get maybe two sizes up from your regular size. You will still have a swollen stomach but it won't be firm like now so they will stay up. You will need the big ones to keep the pads in and they are also good if you end up with an emergency c. Your maternity trousers will help keep them up, over bump being most comfortable after birth IME.

BikeRunSki Wed 24-Apr-13 19:32:09

I had high ones, which proved very handy for completely covering my unplanned cs scar a few weeks later.

Wishwehadgoneabroad Wed 24-Apr-13 19:32:49

I'm normally a 10-12, and I was wearing size 16-18 granny pants too!

No one prepared me - I was told my stomach would be 'wobbly' after giving birth.

It wasn't wobbly. I still honestly looked 7 months pregnant! I was crying for days LOL.

DD is now 6 months old, and I only gave up wearing the comfy over the bump maternity jeans last week grin

I'm now a size 14. HTH.

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Wed 24-Apr-13 19:57:17

2 sizes up M&S full briefs. Fab!

Flisspaps Wed 24-Apr-13 20:00:59

Primark full briefs, 2 sizes up. 5 pairs for £2.50.

myfirstkitchen Wed 24-Apr-13 20:03:15

Boots do paper ones which were bigger than my usual ones. Came up just under my belly button. And obviously chuckable!!

TravelinColour Wed 24-Apr-13 20:05:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoppyAmex Wed 24-Apr-13 20:05:57

"2 sizes up M&S full briefs. Fab!"

Spot on. And I had a c-section, so these were perfect.

CheungFun Wed 24-Apr-13 20:07:00

I second Primark! I bought a pack of 5 black ones and didn't leak on any of them. I think they lasted about a good 8 months. Tbh if you do get any blood on knickers if you rinse them in cold water or leave them to soak in cold water then put them through the washing machine they shouldn't stain.

dontmeanto Wed 24-Apr-13 20:07:26

Black in colour: essential!

craftycottontail Wed 24-Apr-13 22:55:44

Wow, what I've been picturing is obviously way too small, up to the armpits it is! Thanks ladies grin

CointreauVersial Wed 24-Apr-13 22:58:00

Apart from a day in paper knickers I just wore what I always wore......hmm

Gruntfuttocks Wed 24-Apr-13 23:01:11

2 pairs at a time also a good trick for holding everything in and securing pads etc.

MultipleMama Wed 24-Apr-13 23:16:21

I'm size 10 and wore full briefs size 14-16 lost the weight in about a few months. However I wore 18-20 with dts. I was so happy to go back to wearing short briefs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now