Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Never been Feta?

(7 Posts)
everythinghippie29 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:45:42

Finally hungry and all I am craving is a nice Greek salad! I've seen mixed reviews about Feta, some saying its ok if pasturised cows milk others saying don't take the risk?

I'm eating so little at the moment any food I can stomach seems like a good idea but as usual I'm a little worried!

What's the consensus? Is it worth the risk?

laurajane89 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:58:10

I love feta and have been eating it in my salads and everythink has been okay with baby and im now 36weeks pregnant with a healthy little boy

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Wed 24-Apr-13 15:10:09

It's fine so long as made from pasteurised milk.

knittingirl Wed 24-Apr-13 16:26:58

Provided it's pasteurised, eat it, and eat it now :D

You can't have unpasteurised dairy, or mould ripened soft cheese. Feta made with pasteurised milk is neither of those, so enjoy.

june2013 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:23:12

Feta has been at the very centre of my pregnancy! I was in Greece for honey moon (we were trying for baby then) and I ate thinking, oh well, I'll just get pregnant next month. I didn't get pregnant then, but the month after. Stopped the feta thinking it wasn't great. Then I got such massive cravings that my DH called sainsburys to ask whether it was pasteurised (it is!) and I've had vast quantities every since... can't be good, but it tastes soooo good!

everythinghippie29 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:30:39

Just YAY! grin

SeriousStuff Wed 24-Apr-13 18:03:48

Yes, yes and yes! As long as it's pasteurised. Enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now