Talk

Advanced search

When will I feel pregnant?

(22 Posts)
Leeslocket12 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:42:11

Hiya guys,
I am 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have no symptoms other than sore boobs and they are a bit bigger. I know I am lucky not to feel sick and I know it's probably still a bit early but I would like just to feel a little off or ill just so I know it's all going on in there smile I've read lots of things that say its a bit early yet but now my left boob is less sore so should I be worried?

I would pay for an early scan if I thought I should but I know my oh will think I am being silly!

I know if its going to come to an end there is nothing I can do but just wondered if you think I should be preparing for that considering the lack of symptoms?

RJM17 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:48:35

Hey

Firstly congrats. I had no symptoms at first apart from sore boobs. But now I am sick as a pig and can hardly eat anything (now ten weeks). I was worried about not having them tho so understand why u feel the way u do.
I would consider yourself lucky as I'm sure u will end up wishing u were back here if u do get the symptoms as I know I am. Lol. X

Ruralninja Wed 24-Apr-13 13:51:04

Hi I'm 9.5 weeks and if anything the only symptom I had (sore boobs) has gone away! Like you I know I should feel lucky, but instead I'm paranoid and did pay for a private scan - everything was perfect.

Wait until over 7 weeks for a scan though, as then they can detect a heartbeat - you'll have to go private though - can you imagine what would happen if the NHS offered reassurance scan! smile

Leeslocket12 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:51:20

Thanks rjm. I am constantly feeling my boobs as reassurance I am pregnant! It's rediculous but I can deffinatley feel now they have become less sore over the course of today I'm hoping this will be replaced with sickness as I have heard of happening and your story gives me hope smile did your boobs stop hurting at all?? Sorry for personal questions! And congrats to you too smile x

Leeslocket12 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:54:16

Thank you Rura! Congrats and I am pleased to hear everything was ok!! I think I will talk to oh tonight about paying for a scan at 7 weeks or so see what he says smile he may not poo pop the idea totally. It's nice to hear that all is fine with you and that you don't have symptoms so thank you x

Ruralninja Wed 24-Apr-13 13:56:56

Just do it! My OH makes a fuss about that kind of thing, but I just ignore him!!! Otherwise you have to wait until 12 weeks and you might have gone crackers by then...

Michellephant Wed 24-Apr-13 14:03:49

NHS does offer reassurance scans if you ask for them. I've got one booked for 7 weeks next Friday. Might depend on the area and previous pregnancy history but it never hurts to ask before you waste £50-100 on a private scan.

mumoftwoboysS Wed 24-Apr-13 14:13:55

Hi, I'm in the same boat- 6 weeks a few days ago and only symptoms are sore/bigger boobs so try not to worry. This is my 3rd and it was the same with all of them- the nausea hit at about 7-8 weeks -and as RJM says -enjoy it whilst you can as it's not great when you feel sick all the time sad tho I know it's more reassuring!!

try to take your mind of it perhaps with keeping yourself busy. This part always drags until you actually get a bit of a bump and feel more pregnant!

good luck!

Ferarrier Wed 24-Apr-13 14:16:10

I suppose it is different for every woman..
I was throwing up and everything by week 3 so i definitely felt pregnant... dont you worry, I am sure you will feel a bigger change soon enough! :P Congrats by the way!

badguider Wed 24-Apr-13 14:21:51

I felt like shit from 6.5weeks to 9.5weeks. Nothing really before then. And I just felt ill rather than 'pregnant' pretty much right through to the 12week scan.

I know it's easy to say but be pleased if you feel well, feeling rubbish doesn't really make you feel any less worried, it's just a worrying time.

Kelly1814 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:26:19

I'm 16 weeks and if it wasn't for sore boobs and passing nausea, I would have no clue am pregnant. Tummy completely flat. Have had numerous scans so know there is something on there. Very hard to get head around. Congrats!

RJM17 Wed 24-Apr-13 14:47:10

Hey yes my boobs are no were near as sore as they were. Still tender and sensitive but nothing like the pain at first as I couldn't even cope with the blanket touching them without it hurting x

Leeslocket12 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:14:36

Thanks everyone you have made me feel a lot better smile I guess I just need to sit back and enjoy this bit of not feeling ill in case I do at some point! Congrats to all of you by the way! Xx

SeriousStuff Wed 24-Apr-13 18:17:42

Don't worry about it, and actually be happy that you're symptom free currently. For the first 6 weeks I was bursting with energy and felt great. In my 7th week - bang - nausea which lasted 6 weeks and a tiredness I've never felt before!

Some women barely get any symptoms throughout the whole 9 months and others will suffer til the end. Many women also note that all their own pregnancies differ so every pregnancy is completely different.

The first few weeks, I found, were the most stressful as you don't get a scan for ages but just try and enjoy it and take care of yourself.

Leeslocket12 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:24:33

I have a feeling the nausea will arrive suddenly and spectacularly I get sick just turning round on a chair too fast or even driving a car sometimes so can't believe I could escape sick free for 9months! I throw up on a regular basis in the middle of the night and have done since a child so I could be in for trouble lol!

MrsHY1 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:49:16

Leeslockett, thanks for starting this thread! I'm 8 wks today, my first pregnancy after three attempts at frozen embryo transfer (following a cancelled IVF) and am having daily wobbles that lack of symptoms = something's gone wrong. Or more specifically, lack of nausea= something's gone wrong!!
I had a scan at 7 wks where I saw the heartbeat and everything looked normal. Like you, I noticed achy boobs around this time but they're definitely feeling better now (I must look like a right loon sitting at my desk and occasionally jabbing myself in the tit). Mind you, I have bought bigger, non underwired bras so maybe that's why!!
My rational mind knows that not everyone suffers with nausea/ extreme fatigue and/or that this could all still 'kick in' at any moment- I just need my emotional mind to listen to it!!smile

MrsHY1 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:49:19

Leeslockett, thanks for starting this thread! I'm 8 wks today, my first pregnancy after three attempts at frozen embryo transfer (following a cancelled IVF) and am having daily wobbles that lack of symptoms = something's gone wrong. Or more specifically, lack of nausea= something's gone wrong!!
I had a scan at 7 wks where I saw the heartbeat and everything looked normal. Like you, I noticed achy boobs around this time but they're definitely feeling better now (I must look like a right loon sitting at my desk and occasionally jabbing myself in the tit). Mind you, I have bought bigger, non underwired bras so maybe that's why!!
My rational mind knows that not everyone suffers with nausea/ extreme fatigue and/or that this could all still 'kick in' at any moment- I just need my emotional mind to listen to it!!smile

Excited85 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:54:12

Congratulations! I was similar at your stage but felt rotten weeks 7-10. Then symptoms just disappeared overnight which has me worried and generally just didn't feel anything. Your 12 week scan will help though if you're anything like me you'll be back to panicking there's something wrong 2 days later. I'm 14+5 and am starting to show a bit so that's definitely reassuring. All I can suggest is to try go with the flow but is easier said than done!

PinkParsnips Wed 24-Apr-13 19:54:21

Congratulations!
I've been pretty much the same as excited no symptoms to speak of until about 7 weeks, felt sick/tired/starving between then and 11 weeks and now (11+3) I'm starting to feel ok again which makes me worry but I know its normal for things to tail off at end of first trimester and got my 12wk scan tomorrow.
Lots of people told me 6 weeks was a bit early for symptoms, dont worry they will come! smile

Gurraun Wed 24-Apr-13 23:41:04

Thought you might like to hear from someone further on. I am 26 weeks with dc2. Had no symptoms at all until about. 8 weeks, then sore boobs and a bit burpy.then nothing until a big bump emerged and can feel a wriggly baby (who I have seen on 2 scans) - now have a bit of spd and back pain but otherwise fine. You can just be lucky.

toni1bump Thu 25-Apr-13 10:43:26

Hey! Im 8+3 and feel terrible haha.. I found out when i was 7+4 and knew about 2 weeks before test that i was PG due to nausea and tiredness.. I am never ill (pre pregnancy) and can cope with 5 hours sleep... But when the symptons started kickin in there was no.doubt i was PG!! Can barely eat or drink. My boobs were sore but not any more. Just gone up a cup size.. Dont wish to scare you but make the most of feeling fine. My lil bump is deffinately giving me some jip! hick lol

Leeslocket12 Thu 25-Apr-13 12:08:07

Thank you everyone for the replies. It reassures me a lot that there are lots of others going through the same and nice to hear from someone further along who had the same! Having said all this....I feel like shit this morning!! Headache, can't keep eyes open and I think a little bit sick!! I'm hungry but don't really fancy food. If I didn't know I was pg I wud think I was coming down with something so I guess you should be careful what you wish for! It does make me feel a little better about it tho smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now