Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'l losing the plot with multiple faint lines :-(

(18 Posts)
GiraffeAHolic Wed 24-Apr-13 09:47:34

Started wondering over the weekend. Did an Amazon cheapy Monday morning which appeared to be negative, then as I went to throw it I thought I saw something.

Did another after school run, so not FMU. Was the faintest of faint lines (think tilt and squintblush ).

Did another Tuesday morning and there was another faint line within ten minutes but still not obvious.

Stopped at shop on way back from school run bought different cheapies that I used with ds. Was a pinky line within limit but still really faint.

This morning I did the other new cheapie and still a hint of a line. Realised the Amazon ones are more sensitive so did one of those an hour later and a line was there within time. But you've guessed it...very faint hmm
I couldn't have five evap lines/false positives over three days. Could I?

ExpatAl Wed 24-Apr-13 09:50:57

Sounds like you're pregnant to me! If they are coming up within the time limit it's fine.

BabyHMummy Wed 24-Apr-13 09:54:56

Unlikely. Cheapies are not always the best if you are very early. Pay a bit more for a first response or clear blue one

Barbie1 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:55:00

Congratulations smile I had about 7 really faint lines, didn't register that a line is a line no matter how faint.

Waited another 3 days and had a really strong line.

This happened with both dc's.

SeriousStuff Wed 24-Apr-13 09:56:13

I would put money on the fact you're pregnant - congratulations!

I went through the same thing - my first line didn't even exist but I knew it was there (if you know what I mean!?)

If you can fork out on a digital clearblue test, that doesn't have any margin for error - good luck!

MummyJetsetter Wed 24-Apr-13 10:08:21

A positive is a positive! Congratulations. The cheap ones detect hcg just the same as the expensive ones so don't waste your money. I got 15 from amazon for £2.50 and they were very sensitive, showed before shop ones did. I was doing them every day because they were so cheap! In the past I used morrisons own 2 for £3.50 I think they were and they're just the same as the ones that cost £10! x

DaveMccave Wed 24-Apr-13 10:20:21

The hcg doesn't double each day but every couple of days. If you test tomorrow it will probably be a bit darker but still feint and then the same a few days later. It's not true about buying a more expensive one, often the eBay cheapies can detect lower amounts of hcg. It will tell you on the packet what they can detect. If you want to try a digital, I think I found that boots digitals are more sensitive than clear he (and cheaper) make sure you check the box. The lower the number the more sensitive they are.

Try peeonastick.com for advice and pictures to compare, but a faint is a positive, congratulations!

GiraffeAHolic Wed 24-Apr-13 10:27:43

Thanks everyone. I'm still not sure, I'd almost convinced myself yesterday with the 'a line is a line' theory but when I showed dh he was quite quite obviously dubious which muddled me again.

I'm not buying expensive ones, these are 10milu so if they're faint I don't think the others would register.

I have PCOS and it took 2+ years to concieve dd and ds, I've only had one cycle since I stopped bfing ds. So shock may be playing a part too I guess (this was planned but never expected iykwim)

Alexandra6 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:19:01

Congrats, a line is a line! I did a first response early and got a very, very faint line. Then I tried a boots and couldn't see a line. Then (this is all in the same morning!) I tried clear blue digi and got a clear positive! So I always recommend those ones.

worried90 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:34:14

I used the 10ml Internet cheapies and kept getting v v faint lines. Did a clear blue (middle of the day) and it came up v strong positive within 10 seconds and that only measures for 25ml. I think maybe the cheapie ones just look blurred/faint?

beckie90 Wed 24-Apr-13 17:39:59

Defo the net cheapies arnt the strongest results, I find them pretty blurred/faint, they were very faint for me, so I got a Morrisons own make one same day wasn't FMU and it come up much stronger and obvious. Sounds like your pregnant smile congrats xx

BabyHMummy Wed 24-Apr-13 17:40:43

U may just have got some dodge ones! Congrats on the strong positive

kalidasa Wed 24-Apr-13 17:48:49

Yes you are pregnant, congratulations! Only caveat I would add is that the 10miu ones are very sensitive and they do occasionally (in my experience) pick up a pregnancy that in the end doesn't get going properly. If this happens, though, it's quite obvious because they don't get any darker and then after a day or two stop showing anything; whereas otherwise you should get a darker line and/or a positive on a less sensitive test after a couple more days.

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 24-Apr-13 17:53:51

I had a vvvvvvv faint line on 5 April which took until the 12th to be an actual line. There are loads of faint line test pics on Fertility Friend website which you can compare yours to.

Or just wait a couple more days and use a digi one

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 24-Apr-13 17:55:53

Oh and evap lines are always grey. Pink lines on a test are a BFP

GiraffeAHolic Wed 24-Apr-13 19:27:09

Yes Kalidasa, I think that's my worry. I did one at lunchtime and (yes I'm officially obsessed blush ) it produced another faint line. Think I'm going to continue doing one a day, and one only hmm, until Sunday. Then I'll either try a digi or go to nurse for bloods.

midori1999 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:46:10

The cheaply 10miu tests only give really faint lines for ages I've found. I got a barely visable (and I'm a squinted!) line on a cheaply at 12 days PO and a clear blue digital said 'pregnsnt' the same day. The Internet cheapies were faint until I was about 4 or 5 weeks post ovulation and the test line was never as dark as the control.

ExpatAl Wed 24-Apr-13 21:55:41

It's the speed the pink lines appear and not the intensity of the line that matters. The lines might not get darker but they should appear faster and faster each time. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now