Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Normal moans or should I do something?

(6 Posts)
StartedAfresh Wed 24-Apr-13 08:49:19

Hi All,
More of a lurker but feeling very sorry for myself so could do with some advice.
I am 22 weeks tomorrow with dc2 - but feel as though I have been hit by a bus - I have had so much stress throughout this whole PG including moving house at the weekend just gone, decorating the weekend before, working full time starting along with ferrying my dd1 around and about on an evening.
My exH is causing me and my new partner SO mich grief - from emotional stuff to damaging our property (another long story) but I just feel I cant go on - I am not planning on finishing work until early august so still have a long way to go and my holidays are already booked to coincide with this. I dont want to take unpaid/sick leave but wondered if there is anything else I can do to try and feel better??

I go home on a night and just flop on the sofa and find it very difficult to get up on a morning (Which I am sure everyone does)
I have constant nausea and found myself not eating properly again but I knowI have to but just find it so hard knowing how bad i feel after

Any advice - or is just normal pregnancy moans?? xx

EsmereldaPB Wed 24-Apr-13 09:36:40

It may be worth asking your midwife I've they can check your iron levels (I think they usually do this about 24 weeks) as you may find you are anaemic. I had low iron levels in my last pregnancy and I felt completely wiped out until I started taking iron supplements.

Hope you feel better soon

Emily28 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:42:05

Iron level check sounds right.
But also, don't expect to be able to do the same things you were doing before with the same rythm.
It is also alright to tell your partner how you are feeling and that you really need his help right now and that if he wants to leave you he better do it now or else he's gotta help out (joking obviously).
also, maybe ask friends and family to support you?
When I was pregnant I really wanted people around me and was very talkative and everyone was happy to help to be honest! It made my relationship with them even stronger! smile

rosiedays Wed 24-Apr-13 09:57:58

Oh bless you, it's tough!!! to be honest it sounds like your expecting to much of yourself, I do nothing but 'be pregnant' and still find some days a real struggle.
I would seriously concider taking some time off work, look at it as preventative sick leave. a week off now when you rest up and give yourself some quality 'ME time' could really help you get back on top of things.
agree with above re get fully checked out by MW (also ask for thryoid check) and ask for help where ever you can.
good luck. thanks

LandsN Wed 24-Apr-13 10:05:03

I would see your midwife get checked out and if needbe she can sign you off on medical grounds which you should get paid for hope you feel better soon x

StartedAfresh Wed 24-Apr-13 10:06:47

Thanks all for your advice - I am not due to see my mw for another 6 weeks so know she is taking some bloods then too so will ask her to check.
I did have low iron levels with my first pregnancy but never actually thought of that
I seem to think that I can do everything I did with a bump that I did before - my motto seems to be that "I am pregnant - not ill" but maybe i do need to slow down a bit and ask for help
Thanks again thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now