Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 'show' - beware - TMI!

(19 Posts)
RPosieB Tue 23-Apr-13 20:03:29

I'm exactly 40 weeks pregnant. Due date is tomorrow. All day I've been having some unpleasant discharge. I can only describe it as like blowing your nose with a nasty cold and a bit of a nosebleed. I imagine this is the 'show'. (Sorry - I realise that is disgusting!)
My question really is this - how long after did you go into labour? I've read that it can be 7 - 10 days, but is that normal, or does it usually mean that labour is imminent?
Thanks! xx

tiredemma Tue 23-Apr-13 20:04:41

I went into labour the same day.

RPosieB Tue 23-Apr-13 20:08:43

Gosh I hope so. Was horrified when I read it could be up to 10 days!

Fakebook Tue 23-Apr-13 20:14:33

I went into labour the same night. Had a whole day of mild contractions and DS was born in the early hours. But mine didn't come out in dribs and drabs, I had one snotty one and then a great big massive bloody chunk. Good luck!

Flisspaps Tue 23-Apr-13 20:23:44

I was induced 8 days after mine with DD grin

FoofFighter Tue 23-Apr-13 20:38:05

Mine was 2 days after.

BabylonReturns Tue 23-Apr-13 20:39:44

Place marking for the live birth thread that I'm sure will follow very very soon!!! grin

My show happened about 4 hours before ds arrived!!

WaynettaSlobsLover Tue 23-Apr-13 20:40:50

Mine were both the day before I gave birth. I hate the show, it freaks me out so much sad

FuckOffMrBloom Tue 23-Apr-13 20:41:51

Is it green? Could be meconium mixed in with your waters, so it might be worth going in to have baby checked over.

Just as a precaution! I'm sure everything's fine.

MrsNPattz Tue 23-Apr-13 20:42:19

My contractions started straight away! Good luck!

MimsyBorogroves Tue 23-Apr-13 20:42:31

One I went into labour that afternoon, after a sweep.

The other I didn't go into labour even after a few days and 3 induction pessaries, but I was only losing bits.

dizzy77 Tue 23-Apr-13 20:48:52

My show with DS looked like something I'd stepped in on a trip to a farm! Thanks for your description OP, I had no idea it could be like that and I was really worried it was evidence of meconium or some such. DS was born about 3 days later (after about 16hours of what is consider a active labour).

I was in the delivery suite for some injections (now 33wks w DC2) and overheard one if the midwives talking to someone on the phone about this. She was explaining that there's often some cells and a little blood mixed in with the mucus from the plug. If you start to release it (and they mix together) overnight when you're horizontal, the blood in it will oxidise and the whole thing will darken before you get to see it. Nice. I feel better about my gross-ness (always such fun having the midwife examine your maternity pad) and am posting in case someone else is worried about this!

moanymandy Wed 24-Apr-13 08:59:09

I had my show the morning after due date, contractions started a couple if hours later and ds was born 2am tbe next morning!

Good luck!! smile

phantomhairpuller Wed 24-Apr-13 09:05:06

I had my show 10 days ago, still no signs of labour hmm

MummyJetsetter Wed 24-Apr-13 09:14:08

My show came when my water broke in bed at 4am, it was all mixed in and made my water pink. Everyone's different. Fingers crossed the contractions start soon for you! x

Cookethenook Wed 24-Apr-13 09:30:16

Ohh, don't want to crash, but i think i had mine this morning too (35 weeks though). Keep us updated!

Shylepite Wed 24-Apr-13 10:26:15

I went into labour within a few hours of having my show both times smile infact with dc1 my waters had already gone.

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Wed 24-Apr-13 10:30:17

Had my first show about 3-4 weeks ago. Loads over the last week with 2 sweeps. No baby yet, 40+12 dc2. Unfortunately it could mean a baby today or nothing at all. Sorry!

WYorksLass Wed 24-Apr-13 11:31:27

I had one yesterday at 9 am, still no sign of a baby yet :-(

I'm 38+5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now