Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I use a glycerin suppository?

(5 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Tue 23-Apr-13 17:13:50

Because I may deliver a baby sized poo if not!!! blush

Sorry if TMI but smoking a cigarette in the morning used to keep me regular. Obviously not smoking now and am having terrible trouble with constipation!

DH bought me some fybogel but a friend said that made the situation worse for her! But DH is convinced if I take one and go for a nice brisk run I will be fine and everything will start moving. I am more worried at becoming the lady who pooed herself in the village!!

Can I use a suppository?

Madamecastafiore Tue 23-Apr-13 17:28:23

I will burst I warn you!!!

AnitaBlake Tue 23-Apr-13 17:37:50

I did, frequently, while pg smile its non-systemic and can work brilliantly smile also, get to the docs and ask for some movicol ( you can get it in chocolate flavour)to help you, prevention is better than the cure!

Choccybaby Tue 23-Apr-13 17:38:25

Yes, glycerine sups should be fine, as would be the fybogel (with plenty of water) and a walk/gentle run.
Other things that might help are extra fruit, prunes, dried apricots and prune juice if you've not already tried them and can stomach them.

Madamecastafiore Tue 23-Apr-13 17:50:39

Thanks chaps.

Not tried prune juice, reminds me of grandmas but will give it a go.

I eat about 4 shredded wheat a day and nothing happening so don't think lack of fibre!!

Dried fruit seems to sit inside me swelling and fermenting then I end up windy with tummy pains!

Using a suppository but will ring doctors about mo icon tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now