Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extreme right side pain (20weeks) doctor thinks stretching contraction

(2 Posts)
hartmel Tue 23-Apr-13 12:18:37

It all started yesterday morning. I woke up around 3am with extreme pain in my right side. It was so painful that I couldn't even move. I thought it was my appendix as the pain was in that area and went all the up to under my rib cage.
After 30-45 min the pain slowly went away and I could sleep again..
I had an appt to see my GYN that morning..
When she touched my stomach she said it was my uterus growing and giving me some kind of contractions (I don't remember the name she used) but said it will not come again as the uterus for now expanded as much as it needed...

Well I felt great all day. Did a little shopping with my husband...

This morning I had the pain again...

Anyone had this too? Did it go away after awhile?

BraveLilBear Tue 23-Apr-13 14:35:35

Sounds grim - I have had somehting similar, though it didn't last as long as that, once around 18 weeks, and once at 25 weeks or so. It was an extreme right sided pain that started like a leg cramp at the top of my bump (on right only), built up to very painful over about a minute, then slowly eased down a bit.

Thought it was braxton hicks, but these don't usually hurt. I read somewhere that these pains can be caused by dehydration (which would make sense in my case), but will ask the midwife when I see her next week (not seen her since 16 weeks!). Once I've had one, there is a feeling like a lingering feeling that suggests it might come again, but usually doesn't.

It felt very very similar to when I played football and had a calf injury that manifested in spectacular style by extreme cramp in the middle of the match - it was a very similar pain, and I had that lingering feeling after that, too. Suggests to me its a muscular thing. But I know nowt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now