Talk

Advanced search

Maternity tights?

(15 Posts)
knittingirl Tue 23-Apr-13 10:39:07

I wear tights most days to work, but they are starting to get uncomfortable - too tight if I wear them up over the bump, and just plain uncomfy and in danger of slipping down if I try to wear them under the bump. What have you guys used? Where have you got tights from?

Thanks
Katherine

SoYo Tue 23-Apr-13 10:42:07

The H&M ones are really good. 2 pairs for £6. Very comfy. Wore them from about 16 weeks right to the end. still very tempted to wear them now

SourSweets Tue 23-Apr-13 10:47:03

I do not get along with maternity tights at all. I've found the best method is to cut my normal tights along the front, next to the seam, a few inches down. That way I can still wear them high at the back, but they curve perfectly under my bump without falling down. Plus it's cheap. Might work for you!

tequilacream Tue 23-Apr-13 10:56:13

Started buying bigger sizes from M&S value tights (light support ones) - two for £3.50, really good.

tequilacream Tue 23-Apr-13 10:57:31

BTW - just regular tights, not maternity ones.

stitchinline Tue 23-Apr-13 11:45:47

I second the H&M ones, found them the best for me and stayed up no problems.

katkoala Tue 23-Apr-13 11:48:55

I got a pair from mammas and pappas which have been great...now 38 weeks and couldn't face them...h&m maternity leggings were also fab...now onto maxi dresses from primark...very comfy wink

LittlePickleHead Tue 23-Apr-13 11:51:18

The best ones I found were Next ones, they still stay up now I'm 38 weeks which is no mean feat!

Worst were the Emma Jane ones (I bought from asos). Just kept falling down and were so uncomfortable!

LittlePickleHead Tue 23-Apr-13 11:52:00

Although asos stretchy over the bump leggings have been a godsend

Littlemissexpecting Tue 23-Apr-13 12:19:58

Best I found were debenhams. Not fallen down once, very comfortable and still wearing at 32 weeks. My friend also tried them as she had tired loads with no no success and agrees these were the best she tried.

edinfirst Tue 23-Apr-13 12:57:48

Another vote here for H&M. I had woolly winter ones though, so not sure if they might be different.

weeblueberry Tue 23-Apr-13 14:14:08

I think it depends on what height you are really. I'm only 5'2" and the M&P ones are bagging round my ankles terribly. I tried the H&M ones too and they were the same. sad Seems like no one can really cater for us titches lol.

knittingirl Tue 23-Apr-13 14:31:45

I'm 5'10" so am more likely to have the opposite problem. Think it's time to go shopping!

photographerlady Tue 23-Apr-13 14:33:55

I am 5' 10'' and really like the maternity ones from M&S they actually reach my crotch smile

SoYo Tue 23-Apr-13 15:31:18

I'm 5ft 10" too and the H&M ones were long enough (both winter woollies and standard black ones).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now